Mathematics A Level

Watch this thread
High Stakes
Badges: 18
Rep:
? You'll earn badges for being active around the site. Rep gems come when your posts are rated by other community members.
Report Thread starter 6 years ago
I'll be frank, I don't feel too confident with my C1 and C2 modules. Supposing I get full marks on the upcoming S1 module; what's the minimum grade I can expect to achieve with mediocre performance on the two core modules.

Thanks!
yasmin#2
Badges: 15
Rep:
? You'll earn badges for being active around the site. Rep gems come when your posts are rated by other community members.
Report 6 years ago
(Original post by High Stakes)
I'll be frank, I don't feel too confident with my C1 and C2 modules. Supposing I get full marks on the upcoming S1 module; what's the minimum grade I can expect to achieve with mediocre performance on the two core modules.

Thanks!
Hey

C1 went well for me (my guess is 68/75) ,however i genuinely think i got a U in C2 no joke
calculated that if i get 100 UMS in S1 i can get no higher than a high C

you probaby didnt do as bad as me though so...
Covington4
Badges: 19
Rep:
Report 6 years ago
All depends what you mean by mediocre, have you looked at the unofficial markschemes?

Posted from TSR Mobile
High Stakes
Rep:
(Original post by yasmin#2)
Hey

C1 went well for me (my guess is 68/75) ,however i genuinely think i got a U in C2 no joke

How many UMS points would you need to attain a C?
High Stakes
Rep:
(Original post by Ben4)
All depends what you mean by mediocre, have you looked at the unofficial markschemes?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Roughly 40-60% from both papers.
yasmin#2
Rep:
Report 6 years ago
How many UMS points would you need to attain a C?
180/300

210 for a B

240 for an A
TheIrrational
Rep:
Report 6 years ago
Roughly 40-60% from both papers.
As a maths A level student you should be able to work things out like this.

None the less, if you get 50% average across C1 and C2 and then hypothetically get 100% in S1, you will end up with a C.

Again if you got 50% average in C1 and C2, the absolute minimum you would need in S1 to get a C overall would be 80%
ajaxkiller
Badges: 7
Rep:
Report 6 years ago
Is it just me or does anyone else find S1 harder than other two modules?

I think i got around mid 60's in C1 and 2, but idk S1 is what makes or breaks me. And it isnt looking so good so far.
TheIrrational
Rep:
Report 6 years ago
Back at A level i found S1 the hardest...
Bobjim12
Badges: 20
Rep:
Report 6 years ago
(Original post by ajaxkiller)

I think i got around mid 60's in C1 and 2, but idk S1 is what makes or breaks me. And it isnt looking so good so far.
i think S1 lies between the two for me, there aren't any complex concepts in S1 like there are in C2 (Logs, trig etc.) but the questions require more work than C1
TVIO
Badges: 12
Rep:
Report 6 years ago
(Original post by Bobjim12)
i think S1 lies between the two for me, there aren't any complex concepts in S1 like there are in C2 (Logs, trig etc.) but the questions require more work than C1
I don't know if you're on a different exam board, or there's a huge variation between my strongest and weakest topics, but out of all my modules. S1 is one of the hardest (did/doing C1-4, FP1-3, S1-3, M1-2) including S2 and S3.
Jai Sandhu
Rep:
Report 6 years ago
(Original post by TVIO)
I don't know if you're on a different exam board, or there's a huge variation between my strongest and weakest topics, but out of all my modules. S1 is one of the hardest (did/doing C1-4, FP1-3, S1-3, M1-2) including S2 and S3.
(Original post by ajaxkiller)

I did C1-2 and M1 last year, and am doing M2-3, S1-2, C3-4 and FP1-3 this year. S1 is my worst module of all of those ahahaha.
ajaxkiller
Badges: 7
Rep:
Report 6 years ago
Personally, i find most of the calculations in s1 ok, but i hate those questions where you have to write things for e.g "give an interpretation of the coefficient"
Bobjim12
Rep:
Report 6 years ago
(Original post by TVIO)
AQA
High Stakes
Rep:
Hey

What's the minimum score you would award yourself for C2?
yasmin#2
Rep:
Report 6 years ago
What's the minimum score you would award yourself for C2?
15 :bawling:
TVIO
Rep:
Report 6 years ago
AQA
Ah right. OCR's s1 is awful, permutations and combinations crushed my mind. I was great at everything else though, so s2 and s3 are OK.
High Stakes
Rep:
15 :bawling:
Suppose 15 gave you 20 UMS marks.Seeing as the exams were difficult this year, our boundaries will be lower. You can just about scrape a B supposing you get 100 in the S1 paper.
Bobjim12
Rep:
Report 6 years ago
(Original post by TVIO)
Ah right. OCR's s1 is awful, permutations and combinations crushed my mind. I was great at everything else though, so s2 and s3 are OK.
OCR is dodgy for everything, have them for Computing, most pedantic mark schemes i've ever seen.
TVIO
Rep:
Report 6 years ago
OCR is dodgy for everything, have them for Computing, most pedantic mark schemes i've ever seen.
OCR physics B the worst thing I've suffered through. OCR is also responsible for the horrendous STEP papers I'll be doing in a few weeks time. But their maths/FM is alright for pure modules
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

How did your AQA GCSE English Language Paper 1 go?

Loved the paper - Feeling positive (19)
18.81%
The paper was reasonable (34)
33.66%
Not feeling great about that exam... (34)
33.66%
It was TERRIBLE (14)
13.86%

Watched Threads