The Student Room Group

Quick question regarding GEM

Hi guys, I'm a first time poster on here.

Looking to apply for GEM for 2016 entry...
I was wondering if anyone knew how unis would view my application if I averaged a 2.2 in my second year but was predicted a solid 2.1 overall?

Would they disregard my application?

Thanks!
Just get a 2:1 it doesn't matter is its 60% or 69% as long as you graduate with a 2:1...
Im my 1st year of my UG I averaged a 3rd if thats any consolation and I still got in
Reply 2
Original post by lcsurfer
Just get a 2:1 it doesn't matter is its 60% or 69% as long as you graduate with a 2:1...
Im my 1st year of my UG I averaged a 3rd if thats any consolation and I still got in

Thanks for your reply :smile: So just out of interest, did you have a 2.1 in your second year when you applied in the start of your third year?
Original post by biomed6
Thanks for your reply :smile: So just out of interest, did you have a 2.1 in your second year when you applied in the start of your third year?

I applied after I had graduated. But if you are predicted a 2:1 its fine! Its just a tick box exercise

Main thing for GEM is acing the entrance exams, loads of resources on here use the search bar and read through the past threads
Reply 4
Hey,

I finished 2nd year with a 2.2, was predicted a 2.1 for my final year and I have 2 offers for medicine :smile:
As long as you're predicted a 2.1 you'll be fine.
It may be a struggle to get one of your lecturers to predict you that though, I managed it as I did a placement year and argued I gained the skills needed to raise my grade to a 2.1.

Hope that helps
Reply 5
Original post by sam2192
Hey,

I finished 2nd year with a 2.2, was predicted a 2.1 for my final year and I have 2 offers for medicine :smile:
As long as you're predicted a 2.1 you'll be fine.
It may be a struggle to get one of your lecturers to predict you that though, I managed it as I did a placement year and argued I gained the skills needed to raise my grade to a 2.1.

Hope that helps

Ah thank you so much! This is really reassuring because I definitely messed up most of my exams this year...
Just got to nail the UKCAT this summer then and then the BMAT

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending