The Student Room Group

AQA GCSE Computer Science

Scroll to see replies

Original post by grovyle
one of them was give advantages and disadvantages of prototyping while also saying what prototyping was
the other was advantages and disadvantages of connecting a computer to a network i think!

Okay, thank you! Any other questions at all that you remember from the paper? Even some little ones! :smile:
Original post by Nickybesonders
Okay, thank you! Any other questions at all that you remember from the paper? Even some little ones! :smile:

define algorithm and computer system i think
and there was one about explaining how processor processes instructions (you had to talk about memory too)
sorry i dont remember much more! if i remember any questions i'll send them your way
Original post by grovyle
define algorithm and computer system i think
and there was one about explaining how processor processes instructions (you had to talk about memory too)
sorry i dont remember much more! if i remember any questions i'll send them your way

That's good thank you very much! If you do remember then please do! :smile:
Reply 43
Original post by Nickybesonders
That's good thank you very much! If you do remember then please do! :smile:

Minimum number of bits needed to make 32 different colours (I think)
Number of colours that can be made from 2 bits
Number 14 in hexadecimal
3 advantages of using functions/procedures
3 advantages of using data structures, instead of several variables
That question about the estimated time it took for to read a book. I think it was 40 seconds for each 'easy' page, and 100 for each 'hard' page.
Few questions on trace tables (e.g. the car & palindrome scenarios)

There were some other ones but I can't really remember them now lol. I'll try and think of some more tomorrow, but right now I'm revising for my Maths exam. :P
Reply 44
Does anybody know if it's possible to get a copy of the June 2015 paper now? Because there are so few past papers to practise from...
Reply 45
Hi,

I have been going over the 2014 AQA Computer Science GCSE paper to revise and have come across a question that my Dad and I just can't make sense of.

The question is question 9) a) ii) and iii)
The question gives me a block of pseudo code which is supposedly used to check if a number entered by a user is divisible by 3. The first question asks where the error is in the code, and the second asks me to write a new line of code which will make it logically correct. However, to me, even with the corrected line of code provided on the mark scheme, it still doesn't make sense. With the corrected line of code, the code suggests that to check whether or not the number is divisible by 3 you must deduct 3 from the user's input (as long as the input is above 0), and if the new value is equal to 0 - then the user's input is divisible by 3. This would only occur in the event that the user enters 3, which is one of many possible numbers they could enter. Really, this only tests if the number entered is 3. Sounds confusing but please someone have a look at the paper and mark scheme and read this and try to make sense of it? I'd greatly appreciate it. Both the mark scheme and paper are on the AQA website (2014).

Many thanks.
Anyone have any revision techniques for computer science. Not really sure how to revise for this subject. Also I may not revise a lot for this exam as I have 6 exams next week, including maths English and biology unit 2 which is really important for me :smile:

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending