OCR Physics A G482 Quick question:

Watch
ComputerMaths97
Badges: 17
Rep:
? You'll earn badges for being active around the site. Rep gems come when your posts are rated by other community members.
Report Thread starter 6 years ago
When it says for example "What type of waves can be polarised" do you have to say they're progressive or can you just say transverse waves?

Thanks!
halfhearted
Badges: 3
Rep:
? You'll earn badges for being active around the site. Rep gems come when your posts are rated by other community members.
Report 6 years ago
(Original post by joe12345marc)
When it says for example "What type of waves can be polarised" do you have to say they're progressive or can you just say transverse waves?

Thanks!
I think the answer is transverse, because progressive waves can be either transverse or longitudinal.
ComputerMaths97
Rep:
(Original post by halfhearted)
I think the answer is transverse, because progressive waves can be either transverse or longitudinal.
So I don't have to say "Transverse progressive waves" ? Yeah it is transverse, but do I ALSO state they have to progressive? Do they? Can you polarise non-progressive waves?
halfhearted
Rep:
Report 6 years ago
So I don't have to say "Transverse progressive waves" ? Yeah it is transverse, but do I ALSO state they have to progressive? Do they? Can you polarise non-progressive waves?
They don't have to be progressive. Standing waves can also be polarised, although it's not talked about very much as there aren't many applications
ComputerMaths97
Rep:
(Original post by halfhearted)
They don't have to be progressive. Standing waves can also be polarised, although it's not talked about very much as there aren't many applications
Awesome, ah okay fair play cheers mate!
halfhearted
Rep:
Report 6 years ago
Awesome, ah okay fair play cheers mate!
No problem
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

What is your favourite revision method?

Taking notes manually (78)
20.69%
Note taking apps (7)
1.86%
Flashcards (86)
22.81%
Revision guides (19)
5.04%
Past papers (172)
45.62%
Something else (let us know in the thread) (15)
3.98%

Watched Threads