The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Original post by cm00
Well that's great if so. That means my partner didn't screw up her question 6 after all.

And you previously said that I was misleading everyone? Oh how the tables have turned
Hey, do you think that the grade boundaries will be high or low this year. For example hhow much would 50/80 if you have an High A in coursework
Original post by FrangipaniA
Hi everyone,

I'm really worried I might have messed up my exam, especially section B. As I'm not sure I answered the questions properly. I've seen lots of posts on Q6 and realised I didn't read the question properly, now I'm really worried about Q5. Can any of you confirm the wording of Question 5 to hopefully ease my mind?

Right, this isn't exact but roughly "describe a trip you have been on, and why it was memorable".... so that encompasses a lot - I'm sure you've done far better than you think :smile:
Original post by iamlucy
Right, this isn't exact but roughly "describe a trip you have been on, and why it was memorable".... so that encompasses a lot - I'm sure you've done far better than you think :smile:

mine was so weird:/ lol
i wrote about a trip to morroco i think it was..where i opened my business which became worldwide :/.
Hey, I got an A in my course work. However I was throwing up in my exam, as I didn't want to miss it but was really ill, so they put me in a separate room, but no extra time. As predicted, my attention was pre-occupied with dying ha ha, and I must of got a D-E on the exam, as most of my answers were in complete and jumbled as I couldn't think clearly. Is there any hope of a B or C still. Can I apply for the paper to be marked with generosity?

Any reply's much appreciated
Thanks to being able to use a computer in my exam and getting 25% extra time, I ended up writing 4000 words for the English language exam. Got an A in the mock (3 or 4 marks off A*), hoping for a* this time around!
Original post by 156
Thanks to being able to use a computer in my exam and getting 25% extra time, I ended up writing 4000 words for the English language exam. Got an A in the mock (3 or 4 marks off A*), hoping for a* this time around!

How come so many people get to use the computer :/

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Jitesh
How come so many people get to use the computer :/

Posted from TSR Mobile

I know someone who got to use the computer in the exam because he was dyslexic, but I'm sure there are many other reasons as well

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by The Panic Queen
I know someone who got to use the computer in the exam because he was dyslexic, but I'm sure there are many other reasons as well

Posted from TSR Mobile

That's fine but there's someone who uses the computer because his hand hurts after writing an essay - no medical reason.
Original post by 156

Did you have spell check -,-
Original post by iamlucy
Did you have spell check -,-

he shouldn't have had, I did mine on a laptop with extra time but invigorator monitors you.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by mustapha2015
he shouldn't have had, I did mine on a laptop with extra time but invigorator monitors you.

Posted from TSR Mobile

Invigorator 👍👌🏻

Posted from TSR Mobile
Hey everybody sorry i know lots of people have discussed this but for Q5 i wrote about an experience in a place rather describing the place itself, is that okay? Also for Q6 i wrote the article as if it was directed to the wealthy young people, e.g. "imagine your mother or father starving in the street" is that okay?
Original post by exams_suck
Hey everybody sorry i know lots of people have discussed this but for Q5 i wrote about an experience in a place rather describing the place itself, is that okay? Also for Q6 i wrote the article as if it was directed to the wealthy young people, e.g. "imagine your mother or father starving in the street" is that okay?

I also write about an experience in a place for q5 :/ id like to know too.

I can't remember the direct audience it was intended for to be honest... But that's fine

Posted from TSR Mobile
You can get a synonym feature as well as a spellcheck when using a computer. Obviously I wouldn't be stupid enough to use the synonym feature because I'm in a small room with invigelators who would easily spot me and disqualify me. My coursework was 103/120 and was only an A
and yet you only need about 58/80 for an A* in the English language exam :/

Yes it will be fine because the question said write an article for a "magazine of your choice" so that magazine could be one made for young people :smile:
i got a high B in my coursework..roughly what mark out of 80 would i need to get an A overall??
Original post by EXAMS//2015
i got a high B in my coursework..roughly what mark out of 80 would i need to get an A overall??

Mid 50s

Posted from TSR Mobile
For anybody worrying about whether they fully answered the question properly or whatever my teacher (who has been a marker for 15 years) said that it really does not matter WHAT you wrote about, it's about how WELL you did so.

Latest

Trending

Trending