TheRock96
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 6 years ago
So i don't know if there is anything like this. I know there are already threads about the exams but this is just so people can ask qustion and get help for the next exam
rajansm1
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report 6 years ago
can someone post a prediction of 2015 F212 paper
lana banana
Rep:
?
Report 6 years ago
What do we need to know about (/the differences between) kingdom, phylum, class, order, family, genus, species?
lissy12345alicia
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report 6 years ago
i think you need to know the difference between the two classification systems on domains and one based on kingdoms. They seem to be popular exam questions!
JollyWolf
Rep:
?
Report 6 years ago
Describe the structure and mode of action of T lymphocytes and B lymphocytes, including the significance of cell signalling and the role of memory cells.

1.) what are the chances of a big question on this topic tomorrow?
2.) can anyone explain this please because I've read loads of stuff about it and I still don't understand it

thank you
lissy12345alicia
Rep:
?
Report 6 years ago
immune_response_summary (1).pdf
(Original post by JollyWolf)
Describe the structure and mode of action of T lymphocytes and B lymphocytes, including the significance of cell signalling and the role of memory cells.

1.) what are the chances of a big question on this topic tomorrow?
2.) can anyone explain this please because I've read loads of stuff about it and I still don't understand it

thank you
cell signalling is the communication between cells using proteins such as hormones, they are used when cytokines are produced by helper t cells. There are various types of cytokines such as:

Monkines which attract neutrophills and stimulate b cells

Interleukins which cause proliferation and differentiation of b and t cells

Inteferon which stimuate t killer cells and inhibt virus replication

(however i don't think we are expected to know these in great detail but should be able to outline the roles)
lissy12345alicia
Rep:
?
Report 6 years ago

The picture is summary of the immune response
JollyWolf
Rep:
?
Report 6 years ago
(Original post by lissy12345alicia)

cell signalling is the communication between cells using proteins such as hormones, they are used when cytokines are produced by helper t cells. There are various types of cytokines such as:

Monkines which attract neutrophills and stimulate b cells

Interleukins which cause proliferation and differentiation of b and t cells

Inteferon which stimuate t killer cells and inhibt virus replication

(however i don't think we are expected to know these in great detail but should be able to outline the roles)
thank you so much
lissy12345alicia
Rep:
?
Report 6 years ago
its okay, hope its helped. The immune response is so confusing and hard to find clear answers....
lissy12345alicia
Rep:
?
Report 6 years ago
does anyone know the difference between neutrophills, marcophages and phagocytes?
Meloddymaybe
Rep:
?
Report 6 years ago
(Original post by lissy12345alicia)
does anyone know the difference between neutrophills, marcophages and phagocytes?
Both macrophages and neutrophils are a form of phagocyte.

Macrophages start off as monocytes, travelling through the blood, before turning into macrophages. They take part in phagocytosis - engulfing pathogens - and act as antigen presenting cells.

Neutrophils engulf pathogens, but don't present them. I think they're also quite short-lived, whereas macrophages last for longer in the bloodstream?

I don't think we really have to know the difference at this stage but I hope this helped (:
lissy12345alicia
Rep:
?
Report 6 years ago
thank you so much that has helped!!
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

What support do you need with your UCAS application?

I need help researching unis (21)
14.69%
I need help researching courses (8)
5.59%
I need help with filling out the application form (7)
4.9%
I need help with my personal statement (58)
40.56%
I need help with understanding how to make my application stand out (36)
25.17%
I need help with something else (let us know in the thread!) (3)
2.1%
I'm feeling confident about my application and don't need any help at the moment (10)
6.99%

Watched Threads