The Student Room Group

White teeth help!

So I want to make my teeth whiter! What suggestions do you all have to do this?

ANY DENTISTS ON HERE WANT TO HELP ME HERE?

Are there any toothpaste's I could use?
Colgate Optic White:wink:
Reply 2
Original post by habibasaid
Colgate Optic White:wink:

This is the one I use now I think! (red box?), it works quite well although want to get them whiter!
Original post by Harri2648
So I want to make my teeth whiter! What suggestions do you all have to do this?

ANY DENTISTS ON HERE WANT TO HELP ME HERE?

Are there any toothpaste's I could use?

Hi! I'm not a dentist but I'd like to go into it, as well I'm probably basing my EPQ on cosmetic dentistry :smile:
Here's some techniques

1) Toothpastes. Yes, some toothpastes have been proven to make your teeth whiter, various Colgate products have tooth whitening abilities, but the difference is not massive immediately. Costs the same as a normal Colgate toothpaste.

2) Tooth whitening strips. You have to get used to these, but they are strips which you put across your teeth and leave in for half an hour, then take out. The difference is visible immediately after use, but it does wear off during the day. As well, your teeth sometimes get white spots on (these don't last long at all though). If you use the strips, the chemicals from the strip mix with your saliva, and first time use you can get a bit of pain (from an article I read, haven't tried it myself). Standard strips don't cost much, obviously some brands will differ with prices.

Those two you can do on your own, but if you want to have them permanently white you'd have to visit a doctor and pay a bit more money to either have veneers, surgery or a tooth whitening retainer, by which you fill with chemicals that whiten your teeth.

Hope this helps :smile:
Mo
Reply 4
Original post by Morganblue68
Hi! I'm not a dentist but I'd like to go into it, as well I'm probably basing my EPQ on cosmetic dentistry :smile:
Here's some techniques

1) Toothpastes. Yes, some toothpastes have been proven to make your teeth whiter, various Colgate products have tooth whitening abilities, but the difference is not massive immediately. Costs the same as a normal Colgate toothpaste.

2) Tooth whitening strips. You have to get used to these, but they are strips which you put across your teeth and leave in for half an hour, then take out. The difference is visible immediately after use, but it does wear off during the day. As well, your teeth sometimes get white spots on (these don't last long at all though). If you use the strips, the chemicals from the strip mix with your saliva, and first time use you can get a bit of pain (from an article I read, haven't tried it myself). Standard strips don't cost much, obviously some brands will differ with prices.

Those two you can do on your own, but if you want to have them permanently white you'd have to visit a doctor and pay a bit more money to either have veneers, surgery or a tooth whitening retainer, by which you fill with chemicals that whiten your teeth.

Hope this helps :smile:
Mo

Thankyou! I guess eating less of the unhealthy foods will help too? like less fizzy drinks and more water? keeping with the toothpaste tho
Original post by Harri2648
Thankyou! I guess eating less of the unhealthy foods will help too? like less fizzy drinks and more water? keeping with the toothpaste tho

Definitely!

As well, I brush my teeth after every meal (I've always been a bit over the top with teeth cleaning though) so have mostly whatever you want, just brush your teeth afterwards :smile: Coffee and Wine are not good for the teeth though :smile:

Mo
Reply 6
Original post by Morganblue68
Definitely!

As well, I brush my teeth after every meal (I've always been a bit over the top with teeth cleaning though) so have mostly whatever you want, just brush your teeth afterwards :smile: Coffee and Wine are not good for the teeth though :smile:

Mo

I don't drink coffee or wine haha! Okay thankyou for your help! Will stick to a healthy diet now! I use the colgate Optic White toothpaste which works quite well I think

cals x
Crest 3D whitening strips

Source: dental student
Reply 8
Rub banana peel on your teeth.

Quick Reply

Latest