The Student Room Group

final year resit

Hi everyone

I just finish my last exam but I feel I did badly in the exam. The proportion of the exam to the whole module is 70% and the coursework is 30%. I got 69 for my coursework.

Anyone did resit in their final year? would it be not allowed to have graduation in July as normal if required to take a resit? From my uni website, it said resits will be normally held in August...I'm so afraid that I can't graduate in July and need to wait till August to have a resit..
Reply 1
why do you need to graduate in july?
because the graduation ceremony is in July
Reply 3
Assuming you're required 40% to pass, you only need roughly 28% in your exam to achieve 40% weighted average across the module. Are you sure you won't even get this?

Are you sure you'll have to resit? At my uni, during the final year, you don't need to resit modules provided you get a weighted pass across the whole degree. There are requirements for honours classifications too, but it's still possible to fail a module and still get a good degree.

What uni are you at? Best bet is to check the classification frameworks and marking criteria.
thanks

im not sure abt the marking will be lenient or strict...but i feel the paper was so hard for me and i got many wrong answers in the computational part...im in kent btw
does anyone have resit on final year? I feel its really bad and will let my parents down if I can't graduate :frown:

Quick Reply

Latest