How to revise for History? Watch

RachJess4
Badges: 3
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 3 years ago
Soooo I have my first history exam in a week, and stupidly I've been putting off and putting off revising history because I find history really hard >.<
Could you guys possibly give me your best revision techniques for history? I'm doing Edexcel, and my units are Nazi Germany, the Cold War and British Society
ibrahim24
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
Hey, I have my history exam on Monday next week (AQA) and haven't started either. My teacher has made a load of summary sheets for all the topics containing all the relevant information which I am just going to read over them 5/6 times. What also helps is if you actually try and interest yourself in the topic your studying, which i find easy to do because I actually find history quite interesting.

Good Luck!
RachJess4
Rep:
?
(Original post by ibrahim24)
Hey, I have my history exam on Monday next week (AQA) and haven't started either. My teacher has made a load of summary sheets for all the topics containing all the relevant information which I am just going to read over them 5/6 times. What also helps is if you actually try and interest yourself in the topic your studying, which i find easy to do because I actually find history quite interesting.

Good Luck!
Thank you!
Are you doing Nazi Germany as well by any chance? I have no information on the early Nazi Party (1919-1929), do you happen to have any sheets or anything? My teacher gave us no resources on it!
ibrahim24
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
(Original post by RachJess4)
Thank you!
Are you doing Nazi Germany as well by any chance? I have no information on the early Nazi Party (1919-1929), do you happen to have any sheets or anything? My teacher gave us no resources on it!
I am doing Nazi Germany but we learn nothing before 1929 (so our first topic for Nazi Germany is Nazis and the Great Depression) .Sorry
RachJess4
Rep:
?
I am doing Nazi Germany but we learn nothing about before 1929 (so our first topic for Nazi Germany is Nazis and the Great Depression) .Sorry
Ah well, thank you for your help though
Tommy1499
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
anyone got any predictions for the exam on Monday?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Jacky Hearts
Badges: 8
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
Thank you!
Are you doing from Kaiser to Fuhrer? If so I've got a few bits that might help you. PM me.
abrahimsyal
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
Im in same position. If you have the textbook make notes and questions for your self and keep testing yourself on it. Try do atleast 2 sections from the textbook for 2 days and then do past paper exam questions. Are you also doing cold war exam on monday?
gapyear2018
Badges: 18
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
Thank you!
Hey, you should try this website

http://www.johndclare.net/Weimar6.htm
http://www.johndclare.net/

First link for what you're looking for, then second for more revision.. wooo
hibby_15x
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
Soooo I have my first history exam in a week, and stupidly I've been putting off and putting off revising history because I find history really hard >.<
Could you guys possibly give me your best revision techniques for history? I'm doing Edexcel, and my units are Nazi Germany, the Cold War and British Society
I have a cold war exam on Monday.
SuperHuman98
Badges: 22
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
I have Cold War and also 1915s-1940 USA in 1 paper.

Cold War divided into 3 sections and USA divided into 3 section. I started yesterday learning 1 section a day then doing some past questions.

Then on sunday the day before my exam i am going to keep doing past questions

done.
Garrett123
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
Guys be very careful because the Cold War exam papers have changed for the first time. All the syllabus is the same but the questions are worded differently to before so the past papers in Cold war are not as helpful as the Nazi and British Society ones, just a warning.
yuusan
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
(Original post by Garrett123)
Guys be very careful because the Cold War exam papers have changed for the first time. All the syllabus is the same but the questions are worded differently to before so the past papers in Cold war are not as helpful as the Nazi and British Society ones, just a warning.
yes im seconding this

look at the sylabus online (from 2013 first assessment 2015)
hibby_15x
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
(Original post by SuperHuman98)
I have Cold War and also 1915s-1940 USA in 1 paper.

Cold War divided into 3 sections and USA divided into 3 section. I started yesterday learning 1 section a day then doing some past questions.

Then on sunday the day before my exam i am going to keep doing past questions

done.
I have cold war in one paper and i am doing the same thing revising half a key topic a day until Monday.
Mysteez
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
i cant believe i still havent started properly revising for history :argh::cry:
Sayeeda101
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
Hi!!! I'm doing CIE IGCSE History, I've done the 1st paper but I've got the second source paper on Monday. I would say if you've written notes but just need to recap all you have to do is go through with a highlighter and read your notes (pretty obvious...worked for me). I find just doing a past paper writing down lines is BORING, so what I do is just pick a past paper question and brainstorm the question, that way I'm getting down all the points fast without writing long tedious sentences ( HOWEVER u need to be pretty confident on essay structure before you do this and don't do this in the EXAM!!! This is just something I did to get my mind warmed up). If you're doing Nazi Germany, International Relations and the Cold War I have the perfect site for you.
http://www.activehistory.co.uk/
Tbh, if your nearing the exam you don't want to be writing out notes from scratch ( u'll never get through unless you write 100 miles per hour...24/7), so I would just say get your textbook (s), get a pencil NOT A PEN (ur teacher or librarian will execute you!!!) and as you read each chapter use the pencil to underline all the key important things.To avoid injury form your teacher or librarian and get the material really inside your brain, go through all the chapters again as well as rubbing out the lines.
Another life saving tactics, are the HOLY GRAIL MARK SCHEMES. So in the past when the teacher set us a past paper to do, I would go to my 'bank' of mark schemes and basically read all the mark schemes. For most of the past papers I didn't even need to memorize the mark schemes as they were repeated so often and (SURPRISE, SURPRISE) I would get 95+% in most of them.
Hope this helps and GOOD LUCK
Cal1999
Badges: 13
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago

Good Luck!

Hi,

I noticed that you're with AQA. Is it Option B and is your exam on Monday 1st June? If so, what topics are you doing? I am doing topics 1,2 and 3. Origins of World War One, Peacemaking and the League of Nations and Origins of World War Two. Those summary sheets that you're talking about sound quite good; if you've got any that are relevant to my topics, would you be able to send them to me?
ibrahim24
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
(Original post by Cal1999)
Hi,

I noticed that you're with AQA. Is it Option B and is your exam on Monday 1st June? If so, what topics are you doing? I am doing topics 1,2 and 3. Origins of World War One, Peacemaking and the League of Nations and Origins of World War Two. Those summary sheets that you're talking about sound quite good; if you've got any that are relevant to my topics, would you be able to send them to me?
Yeah Im doing option B and Im doing topics 2,3 and 4. I shouldn't really be sending them seeing as my teacher stopped another students mother from making photocopies to supply to her school but if you desperately need them PM me your email address.
weyheyash
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
I'm doing exactly the same units! I hate the cold war but love the unit about how the Nazi's rose to power, it's really interesting.
Anyway i've only started revising but I use bitesize because it gives you a lot of info.

Good luck!
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

University open days

• University of Bath
    Undergraduate Virtual Open Day Undergraduate
    Sat, 23 Feb '19
  • Ravensbourne University London
    School of Design, School of Media Further education
    Sat, 23 Feb '19
  • Leeds Trinity University
    PGCE Open Day Further education
    Sat, 23 Feb '19

Do you have a food intolerance or allergy?

Yes - a food intolerance (44)
12.12%
Yes - a food allergy (39)
10.74%
Yes - an autoimmune disorder (i.e coeliac, colitis) (11)
3.03%
Yes - I have an intolerance and allergy (9)
2.48%
No (260)
71.63%

Watched Threads