Bad eyes (can't read and DON'T need glasses)?

Watch
Cian21
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 6 years ago
Wouldn't let me copy and paste the text, so I hope you can read it from the image. Name:  Screenshot_2015-05-25-22-22-51-1.png
Views: 153
Size:  39.5 KB
RumanaG
Rep:
?
Report 6 years ago
Do you read a book online like on the internet or on ur tablet?
thecatwithnohat
Badges: 20
Report 6 years ago
My friend had similar-ish problems and it turned out she had dry eyes which was caused by her constantly looking at her phone, bright screens etc. for long intervals.

If you're concerned, try speaking to your GP and repeat to them exactly what you've posted in your OP
Cian21
Rep:
?
Reading physical books as well.
Moonbaby007
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report 6 years ago
(Original post by Cian21)
Reading physical books as well.
You may have a case of greasy eyelids lol my ophthamologist gave me some wipes to clean my eyelids as the grease obstructed my vision slightly. Its more common than you think...
Cian21
Rep:
?
(Original post by Moonbaby007)
You may have a case of greasy eyelids lol my ophthamologist gave me some wipes to clean my eyelids as the grease obstructed my vision slightly. Its more common than you think...
Hmm, I'll book an appointment tomorrow for my opticians again.
RumanaG
Rep:
?
Report 6 years ago
I get the same issue it happens because i read alot n it strains my eyes with reading online i have to low brightness cuz it hurts my eyes. I think its really common tbh
Moonbaby007
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report 6 years ago
(Original post by Cian21)
Hmm, I'll book an appointment tomorrow for my opticians again.
my optometrist didn't prescribe me those wipes by the way... its one of those things that only an Ophthamologist can recognise. They work at hospitals. Maybe ask your optometrist about the wipes though, they actually really help
Happy_Holidays
Badges: 15
Rep:
?
Report 6 years ago
I have something similar caused by keratoconus so it may be worth looking up the symptoms of that. It may also be something really simple like others have said though. But I know how annoying it can be when you're worried but it seems no one cares. I'm on my 4th optometrist in 2 years and I'm finally getting a referral for possible laser eye surgery as I've finally been taken seriously.

Posted from TSR Mobile
r-t
Badges: 22
Rep:
?
Report 6 years ago
Perhaps go to another another optician practice to get a second opinion. But if you do view electronic screens a lot then try and minimise this in the mean time (should do this myself aswell :/)

Posted from TSR Mobile
Jacob Boris
Badges: 9
Rep:
?
Report 6 years ago
This may sound unrelated, but two of my friends only discovered they were dyslexic when they started having similar symptoms as those that you describe. When they went to the opticians their eye health was absolutely dandy, but the Optician told them it might be down to dyslexia, so they got tested for that and it turns out the optician was right in both cases. I am not a healthcare professional, nor do I know anything about the brain and eye health, but it may be worth checking?
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Should the school day be extended to help students catch up?

Yes (96)
27.51%
No (253)
72.49%

Watched Threads