A2 Edexcel Psychology unit 4 help

Watch this thread
nutellaisgreat
Badges: 0
Rep:
? You'll earn badges for being active around the site. Rep gems come when your posts are rated by other community members.
Report Thread starter 7 years ago
Hello, I am completely new to The Student Room so have absolutely no idea what I am doing or whether this is going in the right place (sorry if it's not). I have a question regarding clinical psychology (Edexcel unit 4)...
What do I need to know of the DSM? I am unsure of whether I need to be able to describe in detail the 5 axis etc or whether it is just the reliability/validity/cultural issues I need to focus on? Thank you.
Also, not sure how this website works but if anyone doing the same subject wants to like message and talk about how it's going?? Would be fab to speak to some others who are in the same place : )

Posted from TSR Mobile
r-t
Badges: 22
Rep:
? You'll earn badges for being active around the site. Rep gems come when your posts are rated by other community members.
Report 7 years ago
You need to know the 5 axis and the 3 issues you mentioned as they are all in the book. There are also a few names in the book aswell which have done studies on the reliability and validity of DSM, most notorious is Rosenhans study sane in insane places which identified the problems with the DSM. If you want to talk more then you can either just reply on here or private message me.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Zo-e
Badges: 2
Rep:
Report 7 years ago
How are you finding revision?
r-t
Rep:
Report 7 years ago
(Original post by Zo-e)
It's okay, luckily it isn't as hard as my other subjects but I'm just focusing on learning the textbook off by heart haha.

Posted from TSR Mobile
cheeky 12
Rep:
Report 7 years ago
(Original post by r-t)
It's okay, luckily it isn't as hard as my other subjects but I'm just focusing on learning the textbook off by heart haha.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Tbh with DSM they are not that likely to ask you about the 5axis tbh mostly the cultural issues reliability and validity also if you look at the two paper from AS this year they were basically a replicate of last year same wording of questions just different studies!!

Posted from TSR Mobile
cheeky 12
Rep:
Report 7 years ago
(Original post by nutellaisgreat)
Hello, I am completely new to The Student Room so have absolutely no idea what I am doing or whether this is going in the right place (sorry if it's not). I have a question regarding clinical psychology (Edexcel unit 4)...
What do I need to know of the DSM? I am unsure of whether I need to be able to describe in detail the 5 axis etc or whether it is just the reliability/validity/cultural issues I need to focus on? Thank you.
Also, not sure how this website works but if anyone doing the same subject wants to like message and talk about how it's going?? Would be fab to speak to some others who are in the same place : )

Posted from TSR Mobile
Also if you need help there's also this thread too

http://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/show....php?t=3342193

Posted from TSR Mobile
nutellaisgreat
Rep:
(Original post by cheeky 12)
Also if you need help there's also this thread too

http://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/show....php?t=3342193

Posted from TSR Mobile
Thanks for the link! Really helpful!
nutellaisgreat
Rep:
(Original post by Zo-e)
I've got to a point where I'm confident with unit 3 (crim and child), however unit 4 I am finding harder. It's just that there's more content in it really, that it's taking me a lot longer to get through everything and I'm not there yet. How about you?
nutellaisgreat
Rep:
(Original post by r-t)
You need to know the 5 axis and the 3 issues you mentioned as they are all in the book. There are also a few names in the book aswell which have done studies on the reliability and validity of DSM, most notorious is Rosenhans study sane in insane places which identified the problems with the DSM. If you want to talk more then you can either just reply on here or private message me.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Thank you very much! Good luck with all your exams.
r-t
Rep:
Report 7 years ago
(Original post by nutellaisgreat)
Thank you very much! Good luck with all your exams.
thanks you too.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest

How are you feeling about your results?

They're better than I expected (143)
40.51%
They're exactly what I expected (86)