Has anyone got a list of questions or a test so that I can test my case study knowledge for Hazards and the Population topic. Any questions that will help me test if I know it or things that I should know. Anything and everything thanks.
Turn on thread page Beta
GCSE Geography Case Studies watch
- Thread Starter
- 26-05-2015 09:39
- 26-05-2015 10:15
- Define Birth Rate, Death Rat, and Natural Change
- Describe the characteristics of the DTM
- Why does the population structure change over time? What changes would you expect to see in different stages of the DTM?
- What is 'dependency ratio' and what is an 'aging population'? Describe problems caused by the UK's aging population.
- Why do people migrate? Describe two types of migration.
- Why to immigrants tend to live near each other?
- Why is rabid population growth causing problems? (case study ^-^)
- Explain the main points of a birth control, and a non-birth control population policy (case study ^-^)
- Describe and explain the positive and negative impacts of migration (case study ^-^)
- Name an example of international migration, including the push and pull factors
I think this covers everything Sorry, I dont study Hazards so I don't know the topics involved
- 26-05-2015 10:17
1. Which country introduced the One Child Policy?
2. Give me a negative impact on the host country of a migrant moving away.
3. Give me a positive impact on the receiving country of a migrant moving away.
4. Give me a strategy used to cope with a Ageing population in a EU country.
5. Why would a refugee leave Libya to go to Spain?
6. What is birth rate?
7. What is death rate?
7b. What is natural change?
8. What does a Demographic Transition Model show us?
9. What could you draw to show population depending on gender and age group?
10. What happens to a host country's population as a result of young working people migrating?
11. What services in the UK are older people given?
12. Describe Stage 3 of the DTM in a developed EU country.
13. Describe Stage 2 of the DTM in Bangladesh.
14. Explain why the birth rate in a poor country is high.
15. What are the consequences of having 2 children in China?
16. What is a emigrant?
17. What is a immigrant?
18. Define asylum seeker.
19. Define refugee.
Loads of population questions from every aspect of the unit. Not sure what you mean by Natural Hazards, if you mean Restless Earth I did study it but the phys exam has already been and gone.Last edited by chocolateworm34; 26-05-2015 at 10:24.
- Thread Starter
- 26-05-2015 10:52
Thanks, keep it coming. Has anyone got any questions for the actual case studies like.... Why did Hurricane Katrina cause so much damage?