The Student Room Group

Aqa history b gcse help

One of my topics for unit two is topic 2 - Weimar government

Quick question: Does anyone know how much detail we need to know the Munich Putsch (Beer hall) in?

It's listed in spec under challenges to weimar 1919-1923 but in the textbook it just explains brief one sentence - "Munich putsch, november 1923 - The emerging Nazi Party under Hitler attempted to seize power in Munich"

Thanks x
Reply 2
Hi, what other topics are you doing for Paper 1?
Reply 3
I think you need to know it in a bit of detail, it'd be useful as own knowledge in a question about opposition or even possibly a cause of Hitler gaining power even though the Munich Putsch failed. A few points summed up:
-Hitler forced Bavarian leaders at gun point to support him during the Munich putsch.
-Hitler and Nazis marched through the streets of Munich but were stopped and driven back quickly by police.
-Ludendorff was arrested, Hitler hid yet was later arrested and put on trial.
-Hitler used his trials to make speeches which helped him gain popularity and publicity.
-He was only sentenced to 9 months in Landsberg Prison where he wrote 'Mein Kampf.'

That's most of what I know about it so it's not a lot but can be used to help you answer different questions with a clearer understanding/knowledge. :smile:
Thanks for the help - found that it appears later in the topic, explained in more detail :smile:
For paper one I'm doing topics 2,3,4
and for paper 2 I'm doing topics 2,5,7
Original post by ohmyameliajane
Thanks for the help - found that it appears later in the topic, explained in more detail :smile:
For paper one I'm doing topics 2,3,4
and for paper 2 I'm doing topics 2,5,7

I'm doing 2,3, and 4 too for unit 1! :smile:
Reply 6
Original post by AminaOfAsgard
I'm doing 2,3, and 4 too for unit 1! :smile:

Great! I'm doing topics 2 & 3 as well. Do you have any tips on how to obtain the top grade? Do you have any predictions for what might crop up on the paper?
Original post by Cal1999
Great! I'm doing topics 2 & 3 as well. Do you have any tips on how to obtain the top grade? Do you have any predictions for what might crop up on the paper?

I don't know about what will come up, but to get the top grade..... DETAIL!DETAIL!DETAIL! I can't stress that enough... And you should explain everything, so that the examiner can see that you know what you're talking about.
Reply 8
Original post by AminaOfAsgard
I don't know about what will come up, but to get the top grade..... DETAIL!DETAIL!DETAIL! I can't stress that enough... And you should explain everything, so that the examiner can see that you know what you're talking about.

Could you private message me so we can talk revision?
Original post by Cal1999
Could you private message me so we can talk revision?

sure, just sent you one
Hi all,

I have made a thread for Monday's exam. Please visit it as it will prove to be beneficial.
Hopefully, we can get this thread up and running - so comment and share.

Thank you!
http://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/show....php?t=3364167
Hi, I would really appreciate it if I would receive some replies ASAP. I am sitting the AQA Option B History Exam on Monday 1st June 2015; most of my revision I have completed, however, there are still a few elements that I am not totally sure on. I am doing topics 1, 2 & 3 (Origins of WWI, Peacemaking and the League of Nations and Origins of WWII). I would be extremely grateful if you could supply me with notes for the following topics: The Polish Corridor/ East Prussia/ Danzig - don't know anything about these (Topic 3) Austria-Hungary's 10 point ultimatum to Serbia - what happened? what was it? how did it lead to war? (Topic 1) The Balkans Wars (Topic 1) Germany's fear of encirclement in the 1890s (Topic 1) Paris Peace Conference - Basic Overview - date of the conference - what happened there? (Topic 2) Attack on Poland - don't know anything about this (Topic 3) 3 different leaders aims at the Paris Peace Conference (Topic 2) Also, if you've got any revision quizzes, keywords or advice on how to obtain an A/A* please can you send them to me. Please can I receive this information ASAP. Thank you!

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending