ohmyameliajane
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 6 years ago
One of my topics for unit two is topic 2 - Weimar government

Quick question: Does anyone know how much detail we need to know the Munich Putsch (Beer hall) in?

It's listed in spec under challenges to weimar 1919-1923 but in the textbook it just explains brief one sentence - "Munich putsch, november 1923 - The emerging Nazi Party under Hitler attempted to seize power in Munich"

Thanks x
gapyear2018
Badges: 18
Rep:
?
Report 6 years ago
Name:  ImageUploadedByStudent Room1432632664.879286.jpg
Views: 188
Size:  169.2 KB

Name:  ImageUploadedByStudent Room1432632696.226076.jpg
Views: 193
Size:  73.3 KB

Posted from TSR Mobile
Cal1999
Badges: 13
Rep:
?
Report 6 years ago
Hi, what other topics are you doing for Paper 1?
Cat_123
Rep:
?
Report 6 years ago
I think you need to know it in a bit of detail, it'd be useful as own knowledge in a question about opposition or even possibly a cause of Hitler gaining power even though the Munich Putsch failed. A few points summed up:
-Hitler forced Bavarian leaders at gun point to support him during the Munich putsch.
-Hitler and Nazis marched through the streets of Munich but were stopped and driven back quickly by police.
-Ludendorff was arrested, Hitler hid yet was later arrested and put on trial.
-Hitler used his trials to make speeches which helped him gain popularity and publicity.
-He was only sentenced to 9 months in Landsberg Prison where he wrote 'Mein Kampf.'

That's most of what I know about it so it's not a lot but can be used to help you answer different questions with a clearer understanding/knowledge.
ohmyameliajane
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 6 years ago
Thanks for the help - found that it appears later in the topic, explained in more detail
For paper one I'm doing topics 2,3,4
and for paper 2 I'm doing topics 2,5,7
AminaOfAsgard
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report 6 years ago
(Original post by ohmyameliajane)
Thanks for the help - found that it appears later in the topic, explained in more detail
For paper one I'm doing topics 2,3,4
and for paper 2 I'm doing topics 2,5,7
I'm doing 2,3, and 4 too for unit 1!
Cal1999
Rep:
?
Report 6 years ago
(Original post by AminaOfAsgard)
I'm doing 2,3, and 4 too for unit 1!
Great! I'm doing topics 2 & 3 as well. Do you have any tips on how to obtain the top grade? Do you have any predictions for what might crop up on the paper?
AminaOfAsgard
Rep:
?
Report 6 years ago
(Original post by Cal1999)
Great! I'm doing topics 2 & 3 as well. Do you have any tips on how to obtain the top grade? Do you have any predictions for what might crop up on the paper?
I don't know about what will come up, but to get the top grade..... DETAIL!DETAIL!DETAIL! I can't stress that enough... And you should explain everything, so that the examiner can see that you know what you're talking about.
Cal1999
Rep:
?
Report 6 years ago
(Original post by AminaOfAsgard)
I don't know about what will come up, but to get the top grade..... DETAIL!DETAIL!DETAIL! I can't stress that enough... And you should explain everything, so that the examiner can see that you know what you're talking about.

Could you private message me so we can talk revision?
AminaOfAsgard
Rep:
?
Report 6 years ago
(Original post by Cal1999)
Could you private message me so we can talk revision?
sure, just sent you one
Cal1999
Rep:
?
Report 6 years ago
Hi all,

I have made a thread for Monday's exam. Please visit it as it will prove to be beneficial.
Hopefully, we can get this thread up and running - so comment and share.

Thank you!
http://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/show....php?t=3364167
Cal1999
Rep:
?
Report 6 years ago
Hi, I would really appreciate it if I would receive some replies ASAP. I am sitting the AQA Option B History Exam on Monday 1st June 2015; most of my revision I have completed, however, there are still a few elements that I am not totally sure on. I am doing topics 1, 2 & 3 (Origins of WWI, Peacemaking and the League of Nations and Origins of WWII). I would be extremely grateful if you could supply me with notes for the following topics: The Polish Corridor/ East Prussia/ Danzig - don't know anything about these (Topic 3) Austria-Hungary's 10 point ultimatum to Serbia - what happened? what was it? how did it lead to war? (Topic 1) The Balkans Wars (Topic 1) Germany's fear of encirclement in the 1890s (Topic 1) Paris Peace Conference - Basic Overview - date of the conference - what happened there? (Topic 2) Attack on Poland - don't know anything about this (Topic 3) 3 different leaders aims at the Paris Peace Conference (Topic 2) Also, if you've got any revision quizzes, keywords or advice on how to obtain an A/A* please can you send them to me. Please can I receive this information ASAP. Thank you!
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Poll: What factors affect your mental health most right now? Post-lockdown edition

Anxiousness about restrictions easing (30)
5.32%
Uncertainty around my education (65)
11.52%
Uncertainty around my future career prospects (66)
11.7%
Lack of purpose or motivation (75)
13.3%
Lack of support system (eg. teachers, counsellors, delays in care) (32)
5.67%
Impact lockdown had on physical health (28)
4.96%
Social worries (incl. loneliness/making friends) (60)
10.64%
Financial worries (35)
6.21%
Concern about myself or my loves ones getting/having been ill (22)
3.9%
Exposure to negative news/social media (34)
6.03%
Difficulty accessing real life entertainment (15)
2.66%
Lack of confidence in making big life decisions (56)
9.93%
Worry about missed opportunities during the pandemic (46)
8.16%

Watched Threads