Edexcel GCSE Maths 1MA0 Foundation Watch
My first non calculator exam is next week and wondered if anyone has any tips to get a C and what could come up.
- Times table knowledge
- Ability to do short and long multiplication and division
- Good fractions skills
- simplifying fractions (e.g. cancelling down 24 / 32)
- converting a fraction to a decimal / percentage and vice versa
- addition / subtraction / multiplication / division of fractions, including mixed numbers
- finding out a fraction of an amount, e.g. 2/3 of 96
- finding the percentage of an amount
- percentage increase / decrease
- simplifying algebraic expressions (e.g. 2x + 3y + 5x - 4y)
- expanding brackets
- factorising (mainly common factors, e.g. factorise 12xy + 18xz)
- Solving linear equations e.g.
- 3x + 4 = 31
- 5x - 6 = 3x + 2
For geometry and measures
- know the names of common shapes and solids, and be able to recognise them, e.g. parallelogram, trapezium, kite, cuboid, cone
- know the names of the parts of a circle
For handling data
- know the meaning of mode, median and mean, and how to work them out.
- pie charts, bar charts
- designing questionnaires, or spotting mistakes in them (usually no time period or overlapping categories)