I'm a Christian, ask me anything accordingly

Watch
Word Of God
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 5 years ago
I am willing to answer any question's you may have regarding Christianity, eternity, Salvation.
I am here to guide you if you want a relationship with Christ.

Depending on how many questions, I may be unable to directly respond to all.

I expect some people may mock but I will not entertain, but simply guide them.
I'm here to help those who generally want answers.

So please ask accordingly and I shall try to answer you as best I can, it may not be right away but I will respond.

God Bless
StrangeBanana
Badges: 19
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
What has convinced you of God's existence, if you are convinced of it?
ProNoob
Badges: 14
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
What did you last read in the bible?

Posted from TSR Mobile
william walker
Badges: 3
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
Are you a Protestant?
_Fergo
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
What's your opinion on homosexuality?

I'm a Christian myself, but in all honesty, most people don't have a single idea about this topic and how it is represented in Christianity.
josh_v
Badges: 17
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
How do you select the parts of the Bible that you follow, and the parts that you reject?
A5ko
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
If I asked you to bake me a cake, would you say yes?
German123
Badges: 21
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
(Original post by *Stefan*)

I'm a Christian myself, but in all honesty, most people don't have a single idea about this topic and how it is represented in Christianity.
I know this is not directed at me but the thing is, Christianity is divided into different sects, for example, there is the church of England, Baptist church, Methodist church and do on. Christians fail to be united as one.
_Fergo
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
(Original post by German123)
I know this is not directed at me but the thing is, Christianity is divided into different sects, for example, there is the church of England, Baptist church, Methodist church and do on. Christians fail to be united as one.
I know. I think it's a shame that everything has to be divided. I guess it's in our nature though :P
the bear
Badges: 20
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago

Gayness is mentioned only once in the whole Bible:

James 2:3

And ye have respect to him that weareth the gay clothing, and say unto him, Sit thou here in a good place; and say to the poor, Stand thou there, or sit here under my footstool:

the emphasis seems to be on wearing gay clothes, rather than other aspects of the LGBT lifestyle.
German123
Badges: 21
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
I know. I think it's a shame that everything has to be divided. I guess it's in our nature though :P
Yes, it is a shame.
Déscartés
Badges: 12
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
(Original post by the bear)

And ye have respect to him that weareth the gay clothing, and say unto him, Sit thou here in a good place; and say to the poor, Stand thou there, or sit here under my footstool:

the emphasis seems to be on wearing gay clothes, rather than other aspects of the LGBT lifestyle.
1 Corinthians 6:9 "Or do you not know that wrongdoers will not inherit the kingdom of God? Do not be deceived: Neither the sexually immoral nor idolaters nor adulterers nor men who have sex with men"

Posted from TSR Mobile
Ellebann
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago

See I just feel that when the bible was written homosexuality was not understood or well known, whereas today it's a big part of life. So I think The bible must be interpreted in a more modernistic way to accommodate for Life today whatcha think?
the bear
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
(Original post by Déscartés)
1 Corinthians 6:9 "Or do you not know that wrongdoers will not inherit the kingdom of God? Do not be deceived: Neither the sexually immoral nor idolaters nor adulterers nor men who have sex with men"

Posted from TSR Mobile
i was specifically referencing gayness in the Bible
the bear
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
(Original post by Ellebann)
See I just feel that when the bible was written homosexuality was not understood or well known, whereas today it's a big part of life. So I think The bible must be interpreted in a more modernistic way to accommodate for Life today whatcha think?
as a Christian i am inclined to think that what was good enough for Our Lord is good enough for us.
Ellebann
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
as a Christian i am inclined to think that what was good enough for Our Lord is good enough for us.
As a Christian also I understand everyone has differing beliefs but acceptance and forgiveness is basically the basis of our religion so we should also act like this towards others regardless or their age, sex or desires. But I do understand where you're coming from x
_Fergo
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago

There are a few other references, but people fail to understand than none actually condemn homosexuality.

The punishment of homosexual acts began long after the death of Jesus, by two Roman emperors who based their verdicts on the Old Testament. Well, the Old Testament is not representative of Christianity.
Déscartés
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
i was specifically referencing gayness in the Bible
Is 'men who have sex with men' not gay?

Posted from TSR Mobile
the bear
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
(Original post by Déscartés)
Is 'men who have sex with men' not gay?

Posted from TSR Mobile
:dontknow: seek advice from your pastor ?
Déscartés
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
:dontknow: seek advice from your pastor ?
I prefer to see it as it's ok to be gay just don't have sex.

Posted from TSR Mobile
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

New lockdown - Do you agree schools and universities should remain open?

Yes (5)
62.5%
No (3)
37.5%
I don't know (0)
0%

Watched Threads