jamescalebsmith
Badges: 3
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 4 years ago
Hi, anyone taking Buss 2 on the 4th June? Would people like to share their revision resources? What is likely to come up? Calculations etc.? How you guys are revising for the exam? I got a B last time round in this exam, and am hoping to get an A this time around!

Thanks, would be much appreciated
geeee11
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
(Original post by jamescalebsmith)
Hi, anyone taking Buss 2 on the 4th June? Would people like to share their revision resources? What is likely to come up? Calculations etc.? How you guys are revising for the exam? I got a B last time round in this exam, and am hoping to get an A this time around!

Also taking BUSS2 for the second time around but got a D last year (lol) and aiming for a high A.

Find this exam really hard regarding remembering the content, though I am fine with exam technique?!

I think the calculations could either be: absenteeism (pretty sure it has never come up), return on capital or net profit margin? Though I would have preferred profit variance as that is so simple

I am just practising my exam technique and going over the content, trying to retain as much as my pea brain can :-(!
jamescalebsmith
Rep:
?
(Original post by geeee11)
Also taking BUSS2 for the second time around but got a D last year (lol) and aiming for a high A.

Find this exam really hard regarding remembering the content, though I am fine with exam technique?!

I think the calculations could either be: absenteeism (pretty sure it has never come up), return on capital or net profit margin? Though I would have preferred profit variance as that is so simple

I am just practising my exam technique and going over the content, trying to retain as much as my pea brain can :-(!
Yeah I got a feeling it could be those as well! do you have any revision material for Buss 2? And a list of calculations? I've literally forgotten the exam technique, I will need to go over it again
geeee11
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
Yeah I got a feeling it could be those as well! do you have any revision material for Buss 2? And a list of calculations? I've literally forgotten the exam technique, I will need to go over it again
I just use the textbooks and this website called Tutor2u (has loads of business information)

These are the calculations you need: http://www.tutor2u.net/assets/BUSS2-formulas.pdf
jamescalebsmith
Rep:
?
I just use the textbooks and this website called Tutor2u (has loads of business information)

These are the calculations you need: http://www.tutor2u.net/assets/BUSS2-formulas.pdf
Thanks mate, really helpful!
Forever4
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
How would you structure 15 mark questions, definition two for and two against and then evaluate?
jamescalebsmith
Rep:
?
(Original post by Forever4)
How would you structure 15 mark questions, definition two for and two against and then evaluate?
Anybody know?
Forever4
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
Anybody know?
Nope, but I'm sure it is like that definition, two for, two against and a conclusion with evaluation.
geeee11
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
For exam technique, someone else posted in this thread really clearly how to structure answers: http://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/show....php?t=3345713

Just scroll down and you'll see it
jamescalebsmith
Rep:
?
For exam technique, someone else posted in this thread really clearly how to structure answers: http://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/show....php?t=3345713

Just scroll down and you'll see it
Thank you!
jamescalebsmith
Rep:
?
Can somebody state all the different Theorists and what explain their 'theory' was, Thanks
jamescalebsmith
Rep:
?
Does anybody have any past paper questions for calculations? Or a quiz etc. on calculation questions, I need to practise them, Thanks
lozzieladybird
Badges: 1
Report 4 years ago

a B?! thats amazing how comes you retook?
i think break even will come up considering it wasnt even mentioned in the unit 1 exam

good luck for thursday!
jamescalebsmith
Rep:
?
(Original post by lozzieladybird)
a B?! thats amazing how comes you retook?
i think break even will come up considering it wasnt even mentioned in the unit 1 exam

good luck for thursday!
I need like a around 10 marks higher to get an A overall aha! Ok thanks for that!
jamescalebsmith
Rep:
?
Does anybody have any predictions for the calculation question and 13/15 mark question, e.g. what theme will come up? Can somebody also please list the different topics that come under different sections. e.g. Motivation under HRM but for all topics? Thanks
jamescalebsmith
Rep:
?
Can somebody explain marketing mix, Thanks
Jim Riley
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
Here are some useful links for final revision for BUSS2:

BUSS2 exam technique advice
BUSS2 topic revision checklist
BUSS2 exam paper topic tracker
BUSS2 topic revision notes
BUSS2 key terms
BUSS2 calculations and formulae
BUSS2 example 8 mark answer
BUSS2 example 13-14 mark answer
BUSS2 revision quizzes

All the best tomorrow

Jim
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

University open days

• The University of Law
    Solicitor Series: Assessing Trainee Skills – LPC, GDL and MA Law - Guildford campus Postgraduate
    Wed, 29 Jan '20
  • Nottingham Trent University
    Postgraduate Open Day Postgraduate
    Wed, 29 Jan '20
  • University of Groningen
    Undergraduate Open Day Undergraduate
    Fri, 31 Jan '20

Why do you want to do a masters?

Great for my career (44)
37.61%
I really love the subject (29)
24.79%