The Student Room Group

Psychology AQA PSYA3 9th June

I'm really dreading this exam and am worrying about it. How is everyone revising for it? Also can anyone predict what the questions will be?
P.S I'm doing Biological Rhythms, Relationships and Aggression
Original post by skiing_running
I'm really dreading this exam and am worrying about it. How is everyone revising for it? Also can anyone predict what the questions will be?
P.S I'm doing Biological Rhythms, Relationships and Aggression

WELL, AM JUST LEARNING THE ESSAYS I DID ON THE TOPIC... IT IS HARD...
for relationships breakdown hasn't appeared in a while... also possibly human sexual behaviour might come up.. revise everything just to be on the safe side.
for aggression Instutional aggression has never appeared as a 24 marker.. there is a possibility of neural and hormonal mechanisms coming up.
NOT SURE ABOUT BIOLOGICAL RHYTHMS AS I DON'T DO IT
GOOD LUCK
Our class has predicted:

Aggression: Institutional (hasn't been a 24 marker) or neural/hormonal.
and
Relationships: breakdown

I don't do biological rhythms, we did eating behaviour.
Good Luck though!
Reply 3
Can anyone help me on how to evaluate a study. This study is on the aggression topic in PSYA3 and is an A02 paragraph. How would it be evaluated/improved to get more A02 marks?

Bond (2005) found that if aggression increases when serotonin levels are low then it should decrease when the levels are higher. He found with the use of antidepressant drugs that the subsequent rise in serotonin levels correlated with a decrease of aggressive acts. This therefore supports the idea that serotonin is strongly linked with aggression levels by showing that an increase of serotonin leads to a decrease in aggressive behavior.
Original post by Danb1996
Can anyone help me on how to evaluate a study. This study is on the aggression topic in PSYA3 and is an A02 paragraph. How would it be evaluated/improved to get more A02 marks?

Bond (2005) found that if aggression increases when serotonin levels are low then it should decrease when the levels are higher. He found with the use of antidepressant drugs that the subsequent rise in serotonin levels correlated with a decrease of aggressive acts. This therefore supports the idea that serotonin is strongly linked with aggression levels by showing that an increase of serotonin leads to a decrease in aggressive behavior.

At A2 you don't get marks for evaluating a study like you did at AS i.e methodology, sampling weather it's reliable or valid etc. you just evaluate it with another study/supporting or contradicting research, so you could say
'Further supporting Bond and the idea that lack of serotonin leads to increased aggression levels is Raleigh. Raleigh found decreased levels of aggression after manipulating the diet of monkeys to increase their serotonin levels, suggesting serotonin has a cause and effect impact on aggression levels as found by Bond also.'
I hope this makes sense, this is what we've been taught to do anyway, if you've been taught differently though STICK TO THAT.

Good Luck!

Quick Reply