The Student Room Group

Maths past papers

i've done over 100 past papers for maths and i still dont seem to understand anything, i get stuck on the third or fourth question then just give up and look at the mark scheme. I need to get an A this year and i dont know how thats gonna happen. Any advices?
Reply 1
Original post by munnaa
i've done over 100 past papers for maths and i still dont seem to understand anything, i get stuck on the third or fourth question then just give up and look at the mark scheme. I need to get an A this year and i dont know how thats gonna happen. Any advices?

What exam board are you doing this for. Anyway I would advice you to buy the text book and learn formulas, and ways to work things out e.t.c.

Also if you send me the questions which you get stuck on I'll show you methods of how to work them out.

Try not to worry, although it's a lot of pressure to get an A. I need to get an A at least as well, so I can do A level further maths, so I understand how you feel.
Original post by G98
What exam board are you doing this for. Anyway I would advice you to buy the text book and learn formulas, and ways to work things out e.t.c.

Also if you send me the questions which you get stuck on I'll show you methods of how to work them out.

Try not to worry, although it's a lot of pressure to get an A. I need to get an A at least as well, so I can do A level further maths, so I understand how you feel.

im doing edexcel, i'm in year 10 at the moment and thank you, im really struggling with histograms and factorising
Reply 3
You're in year 10. Don't worry about it too much. To be stuck and confused on the 3rd or 4th question is not good. I'll be honest with you. First year students of GCSE maths (year 10) should be able to answer the first 10 questions at foundation tier and first 13 questions at Higher Tier.

If you go on Mathswatch or my maths, you can revise topics that you're unsure about to make sure you understand it. By the year 11 mocks, aim to answer the first 13 questions
With 5 months than until your exam, I'm sure you'll be able to answer the first 20 question which will secure your A Grade

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by munnaa

examsolutions.net might be useful, they've done videos on gcse maths, I never used them for gcse but I found them incredibly helpful for a level, see if they're useful for what you're stuck on :smile:
Original post by bubblegumcat
examsolutions.net might be useful, they've done videos on gcse maths, I never used them for gcse but I found them incredibly helpful for a level, see if they're useful for what you're stuck on :smile:
tysm ill try it! :smile:
Original post by VivekJ555
You're in year 10. Don't worry about it too much. To be stuck and confused on the 3rd or 4th question is not good. I'll be honest with you. First year students of GCSE maths (year 10) should be able to answer the first 10 questions at foundation tier and first 13 questions at Higher Tier.

If you go on Mathswatch or my maths, you can revise topics that you're unsure about to make sure you understand it. By the year 11 mocks, aim to answer the first 13 questions
With 5 months than until your exam, I'm sure you'll be able to answer the first 20 question which will secure your A Grade

Posted from TSR Mobile

first 20 will get me an A ? i dont know how to get mathswatch on my usb is there a link i can use?
Original post by munnaa
i've done over 100 past papers for maths

Original post by munnaa
i'm in year 10 at the moment

Spoiler

Reply 8
Original post by munnaa
im doing edexcel, i'm in year 10 at the moment and thank you, im really struggling with histograms and factorising

I can help you as well! :smile:
Original post by Z212
I can help you as well! :smile:

okay ill message you :smile:

Quick Reply

Latest