OCR Psychology Predictions

Watch this thread
Natalie15
Badges: 2
Rep:
? You'll earn badges for being active around the site. Rep gems come when your posts are rated by other community members.
Report Thread starter 7 years ago
I'm currently studying for my GCSE Psychology exams, my first is the 1st of June (B541) Does anyone have any predictions? Also for Studies and Applications in Psychology 2 and Research in Psychology.

Let's start a discussion, if you are having trouble with any of the theories or studies we can all help!
Lemauricien
Badges: 12
Rep:
? You'll earn badges for being active around the site. Rep gems come when your posts are rated by other community members.
Report 7 years ago
(Original post by Natalie15)
I'm currently studying for my GCSE Psychology exams, my first is the 1st of June (B541) Does anyone have any predictions? Also for Studies and Applications in Psychology 2 and Research in Psychology.

Let's start a discussion, if you are having trouble with any of the theories or studies we can all help!
Psychology is essentially memorising and transferring it into paper. There doesn't seem to be an Identifiable trend, but its only 5 topics to learn anyway
kaypd
Rep:
Report 7 years ago
I find it difficult to memorise everything.
Marina1407
Badges: 6
Rep:
Report 7 years ago
I find it hard to memorise memory (haha) and also get mixed up with criminal behaviour and obedience
itsameliaa
Badges: 0
Rep:
Report 7 years ago
I'm dreading cognitive development and perception! Any tips?!

Posted from TSR Mobile
Marina1407
Rep:
Report 7 years ago
(Original post by itsameliaa)

Posted from TSR Mobile
What parts are you finding difficult? Luckily that's not until Thursday but I'm also dreading remembering all of the cognative stages
itsameliaa
Rep:
Report 7 years ago
Mine's remembering what happens in each stage and for perception all the depth cues etc! Just hoping we don't get one of them questions with the 'Describe what has been used in this picture'
Not feeling too bad about unit 1
Marina1407
Rep:
Report 7 years ago
Mine's remembering what happens in each stage and for perception all the depth cues etc! Just hoping we don't get one of them questions with the 'Describe what has been used in this picture'
Not feeling too bad about unit 1
I'm feeling more confident about unit 1 too but I'm hoping the 10 mark won't be on memory :s maybe to help you remember you could draw pictures along side text so it is more meaningful. I'm pretty nervous :/
itsameliaa
Rep:
Report 7 years ago
I'm sure you'll be great- I'm hoping for a nice 10 mark question on sex and gender haha I'll definitely try pictures and see if that helps to remember...Feeling pretty nervous too!
Marina1407
Rep:
Report 7 years ago
I'm sure you'll be great- I'm hoping for a nice 10 mark question on sex and gender haha I'll definitely try pictures and see if that helps to remember...Feeling pretty nervous too!
Thanks, you too! Sex and gender would be nice, especially about Bruce/Brenda/David! What grade are you hoping for?
itsameliaa
Rep:
Report 7 years ago
A/A* in Unit 1 but I'm not sure in the others- sometimes I expect way too much haha! Just hoping nerves don't get the best of me:/ How about you?
Marina1407
Rep:
Report 7 years ago
A/A* in Unit 1 but I'm not sure in the others- sometimes I expect way too much haha! Just hoping nerves don't get the best of me:/ How about you?
Exactly the same here, I'd love those sort of grades as I really want to be a psychologist when I'm older. I'm hoping my nerves won't effect my ability to think right because I put way too much pressure on myself D:
Natalie15
Rep:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Watch through these video's, they're amazing! Then just keep going over past paper questions of cognitive development and perception.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AOEOop0xOL0 All the other topics are on there too
Natalie15
Rep:
(Original post by miku14)
Thanks, you too! Sex and gender would be nice, especially about Bruce/Brenda/David! What grade are you hoping for?
I'd love a 10 Marker on Bowlby!
Marina1407
Rep:
Report 7 years ago
I'd love a 10 Marker on Bowlby!
That would also be great
Natalie15
Rep:
That would also be great
Definitely, what do you think will be the 10 marker?
Marina1407
Rep:
Report 7 years ago
Definitely, what do you think will be the 10 marker?
I really have no idea, do you have any predictions?
Natalie15
Rep:
I really have no idea, do you have any predictions?
Terry and Theory of situational factors hasn't come up yet, but everything else has. Bowlby come up in 2010 so it could be repeated, also sex and gender. Have you memorized key data for some of the studies? Like the percentages etc
Marina1407
Rep:
Report 7 years ago
Terry and Theory of situational factors hasn't come up yet, but everything else has. Bowlby come up in 2010 so it could be repeated, also sex and gender. Have you memorized key data for some of the studies? Like the percentages etc
Yeah I've memorised bickman's percentages and other studies too. What I think I could struggle with is remembering all the sample sizes
Natalie15
Rep:
Yeah I've memorised bickman's percentages and other studies too. What I think I could struggle with is remembering all the sample sizes
I'd keep repeating them in your head, they're quite simple to remember. Try writing out sentences and then look away and check to see if you get it correct
I'm so nervous for research methods, I know it's a bit away but I'm so nervous
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest

Does school Maths prepare people well enough for the future?

Yes, it gives everyone a good foundation for any future path (49)
30.06%
Somewhat, if your future involves maths/STEM (72)
44.17%
No, it doesn't teach enough practical life skills (40)
24.54%
Something else (tell us in the thread) (2)
1.23%

Watched Threads