The Student Room Group

HELP A-levels or Btec

Hey guys,

I really need help with what path I should take. I've got all my GCSEs and I'm currently doing my AS, maths,psychology and business studies and I'm really struggling with my maths. So I have a plan B if I don't pass this and thats to do either another set of AS or do BTEC medical science or BTEC IT.
I'm more on the medical science so anyone doing BTEC medical or applied science let know how you're finding it.
Do you really want to do btec???? that means you have wasted a whole year. are you on edexcel maths?
Original post by WORLDCAPTURE
Hey guys,

I really need help with what path I should take. I've got all my GCSEs and I'm currently doing my AS, maths,psychology and business studies and I'm really struggling with my maths. So I have a plan B if I don't pass this and thats to do either another set of AS or do BTEC medical science or BTEC IT.
I'm more on the medical science so anyone doing BTEC medical or applied science let know how you're finding it.
Reply 2
Original post by maggie43
Do you really want to do btec???? that means you have wasted a whole year. are you on edexcel maths?

Yeah, thats what my father keeps tallking about, and nope AQA
Most people I know that go the medical route do A levels, but that may just be a generalisation so forgive me if I'm wrong as that may be because they want to do a specific course at Uni. It totally depends if you want to go to uni and what course, see what the requirements are for whatever route you want to go down whether it be an apprenticeship and go from there I would.
Well am in the situation like you and I cant continue with Maths because i can see where am heading with it and i do only 3 subjects; if you really want to do btec go for it, am going to do AS/ A2 in Economics instead thats if the college i want to go to even allows me.But Btec is not the best kind of thing uno.are you doing s1 or M1, what do you predict you have got in the other two modules
Yeah, thats what my father keeps tallking about, and nope AQA
Reply 5
Original post by maggie43
Well am in the situation like you and I cant continue with Maths because i can see where am heading with it and i do only 3 subjects; if you really want to do btec go for it, am going to do AS/ A2 in Economics instead thats if the college i want to go to even allows me.But Btec is not the best kind of thing uno.are you doing s1 or M1, what do you predict you have got in the other two modules

Yeah, I'm aware that its not the best things but I think i can do really well.
For maths we have already done our c1 exam and i think that went well but c2 was really bad, I just found it very difficult and dont think I done well. And I have S1 after this half term.
Reply 6
Hey guys,

What do you want to do at uni or for a career?

Quick Reply

Latest