Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    I am currently revising for the english language AS level exam on the 2nd june, mainly focussing on power within section A, I was wondering wether anyone had a list of specifics to revise on, or any helpful websites for terminology or different contextual papers that we could need to analyse in the actual exam?
    thanks!

ReputationRep:
    I did the exam last year and I'm re-sitting this year to bump my grade up and all I did last year were past papers. I also wouldn't suggest focusing on just power because who knows what the texts will be like! Last year the power and technology texts were good but the gender was hard so I'm half expecting the power to be harder this year

ReputationRep:
    I've decided not to revise technology, as that was the advice from our teachers because we really didn't have time to go in depth about it. i"ll definitely revise over gender, but my thoughts are that if i revise power fully, and all areas of power then there will be less chance of there being a 'hard' paper in my eyes. that my theory anyway!
    when you have done the past papers do you send them to teachers or find mark schemes?
    I'm just finding it so hard to accumulate the motivation and energy to actually write them, which is really not ideal.
    thanks for letting me know though!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by christiemaryj)
    I've decided not to revise technology, as that was the advice from our teachers because we really didn't have time to go in depth about it. i"ll definitely revise over gender, but my thoughts are that if i revise power fully, and all areas of power then there will be less chance of there being a 'hard' paper in my eyes. that my theory anyway!
    when you have done the past papers do you send them to teachers or find mark schemes?
    I'm just finding it so hard to accumulate the motivation and energy to actually write them, which is really not ideal.
    thanks for letting me know though!
    Ahh I see your logic but yeah make sure you're prepared for one of the others just in case. Not gonna lie I haven't even started my revision for the exam because re-sits are always last on my mind but I'll definitely get some past papers and just annotate the texts and plan answers, I really can't be bothered to write full answers either hahah. I'll also go through the AQA textbook because that helped me a lot last year!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by paigeloc)
    Ahh I see your logic but yeah make sure you're prepared for one of the others just in case. Not gonna lie I haven't even started my revision for the exam because re-sits are always last on my mind but I'll definitely get some past papers and just annotate the texts and plan answers, I really can't be bothered to write full answers either hahah. I'll also go through the AQA textbook because that helped me a lot last year!
    well good luck to you! Knowing me with exams I'll be in your position next year. I'm terrified of letting down my coursework grades for my subjects because of the exams (i took four over 50% coursework subjects, don't ask, i don't know what i was thinking)
    I'm sure you'll be fine this time!

ReputationRep:
    well good luck to you! Knowing me with exams I'll be in your position next year. I'm terrified of letting down my coursework grades for my subjects because of the exams (i took four over 50% coursework subjects, don't ask, i don't know what i was thinking)
    I'm sure you'll be fine this time!
    Don't worry I'm sure you'll be fine and yeah if need be you can re-sit next year, definitely not the end of the world lol. Good luck with everything and work hard!

ReputationRep:
    hey you guys doing English language AS ??? can we discuss the questions after we finish the exam?????

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by khaleesi20)
    hey you guys doing English language AS ??? can we discuss the questions after we finish the exam?????
    yes we both are, I would be up for that!

ReputationRep:
    Thankssss !! im doing it too but im reallu scared, are you guys prepared??

ReputationRep:
    you are doing the Edexcel board right ???

ReputationRep:
    Thankssss !! im doing it too but im reallu scared, are you guys prepared??
    Thats the problem, i really don't know if i am prepared or not! i am concentrating on power for the first section, i have revised it in detail but struggle to remember methods and theories when actually writing, plus i really can't be bothered to write full answers. i am so scared

ReputationRep:
    you are doing the Edexcel board right ???
    i think mine is AQA, not sure though

ReputationRep:
    you know I might take it before you I will surely tell you what came and what didn't

ReputationRep:
    I got an A in my last grouping response and a C in my power response which averaged out as a high B. Only problem I have with revising this subject is when it comes to annotating the texts which I spend way too long on.

ReputationRep:
    is theres any difference between aqa and Edexcel ????

ReputationRep:
    I'm with AQA and yeah different exam boards do different stuff I think

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Strangelove MD)
    I got an A in my last grouping response and a C in my power response which averaged out as a high B. Only problem I have with revising this subject is when it comes to annotating the texts which I spend way too long on.
    what kind of structure do you use for grouping, i really struggle with grouping!

ReputationRep:
    is theres any difference between aqa and Edexcel ????
    i think its a completely different topic, but not sure

ReputationRep:
    so do u guys know if someone doing the Edexcel language AS ??

ReputationRep:
    what kind of structure do you use for grouping, i really struggle with grouping!
    Usually I try to pick out 3 groups, i.e. Texts A, B and C all have a closed audience, then list my evidence of this from each text and the effects. Then I follow each group up with a difference or two between the texts in my grouping, i.e. One difference in these three texts is that only texts A and B use.....

Submit reply
Turn on thread page Beta
Updated: May 28, 2015

University open days

1. University of Cambridge
    Christ's College Undergraduate
    Wed, 26 Sep '18
  2. Norwich University of the Arts
    Undergraduate Open Days Undergraduate
    Fri, 28 Sep '18
  3. Edge Hill University
    Faculty of Health and Social Care Undergraduate
    Sat, 29 Sep '18
Poll
Which accompaniment is best?
Useful resources

Make your revision easier

OMAM

Ultimate Of Mice And Men Thread

Plot, context, character analysis and everything in between.

Notes

Revision Hub

All our revision materials in one place

Love books

Common grammar and vocabulary problems

Get your questions asked and answered

Useful literary websitesStudy help rules and posting guidelines

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.