The Student Room Group

I feel like I can't have male friends without having to shag them.

I don't like being female as I get on better with guys/have more in common I like sports and just find that men are simpler to get on with. I'm not putting females down there are many females I can get on with too. But it's like with men in general I feel like if I don't have sex/don't want a relationship then they arn't interested in me as a friend. It's like my only value is for having sex and it makes me just wish I'd have been male. I don't really like sex that much. Why can't men just see females as a person like they do their mates instead of someone to just have sex with? I'm not particularly attractive, I don't dress up or anything I'm in jeans and jumper and trainers most of the time.

I was friends with a guy and after weeks he either wanted a relationship or nothing at all. I just didn't think it was fair as all his mates get to be his friend without having to shag him yet just because of my gender I don't.
Original post by Anonymous
I don't like being female as I get on better with guys/have more in common I like sports and just find that men are simpler to get on with. I'm not putting females down there are many females I can get on with too. But it's like with men in general I feel like if I don't have sex/don't want a relationship then they arn't interested in me as a friend. It's like my only value is for having sex and it makes me just wish I'd have been male. I don't really like sex that much. Why can't men just see females as a person like they do their mates instead of someone to just have sex with? I'm not particularly attractive, I don't dress up or anything I'm in jeans and jumper and trainers most of the time.

I was friends with a guy and after weeks he either wanted a relationship or nothing at all. I just didn't think it was fair as all his mates get to be his friend without having to shag him yet just because of my gender I don't.

Carry on living a normal life you do and you will get friends who understand you. By the sound of it your male "friends" sound like *****
Reply 2
Most of my friends are male and I've not shagged them. The problem lies with you, not men.
Original post by AvaAdore
Most of my friends are male and I've not shagged them. The problem lies with you, not men.

Most of my friends are girls and I've not shagged them, I just see them as friends
Bruh seriously? You're looking way too deep into things. I have a lot of male friends and they've never expected me to shag them and if they did then I wouldn't be friends with them. And why is it that you don't like being friends with girls? No offence but girls who are only friends with males have a bad reputation for being shady/untrustworthy. Just sayin.
Reply 5

So how do I fix it?
Reply 6
Original post by bassbabe
Bruh seriously? You're looking way too deep into things. I have a lot of male friends and they've never expected me to shag them and if they did then I wouldn't be friends with them. And why is it that you don't like being friends with girls? No offence but girls who are only friends with males have a bad reputation for being shady/untrustworthy. Just sayin.

Why, have you found that you have a bad reputation for being friends with a lot of males?

I didn't know I didn't like being friends with girls, I never said that, I am friends with girls, as far as I know lol. Either way you seem to be doing somethin right. Maybe I am looking too deep into things.
There's a lot of girls in my school that get talked about in bad ways because they have 0 male friends. Don't know why. Most people I know don't really trust them, especially girls who have bfs. Guys and girls view things differently. For example if you rub a guy on his shoulder in a playful way, then that's all it is to you. But to some guys they see it as "she wants the d" kind of thing. I suggest you make it clear to them that you do not want a relationship with them. And please don't hate being female because of this. Being female is lovely apart from that time lol :smile:
why don't yoi like shagging them maybe just do it to maintain the freindship. Dunno what to suggest as other girls have said the same thing
Can I be your friend?

I'd suggest the problem is more likely to be the sort of guys she's making friends with- I'm assuming they're the kind who are no good with women and can't get with girls, so as soon as they have a female friend they're all "SHE HAS TO BE MY GIRLFRIEND WE ARE SO CLOSE".

I have a friend who has told me she has the same problem, and she is very grateful I've never tried to shag her like most guy friends she's had... she said how as soon as she makes close friends, the guy is all "you're different, we've got a great connection" and she just says "I'm not, I'm just a girl who smokes weed and listens to decent music...".
Yeah you are doing something wrong. I have a handful of male friends and they haven't recieved more than a hug from me. I find it easy to get along with guys and never experienced this.
Reply 12
I get along with guys easier too however never have I had to shag them to keep friendship. If that's what they ask they're not real friends and go tell them to **** themselves as you're not that type of person. The only thing I can think of is maybe they think you're being flirty so maybe back off a little?? I'm not having a go just may be suggesting a possible problem.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending