Music on phone? Watch

Gerrard24
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 4 years ago
Anyone know of an app where i can download music to it, and not having to use WIFI to listen to the music? I used to have iTube and that worked perfectly, until YouTube changed everything, and now i have PlayTube. However on this i cannot 'Cache' my music. If anyone knows an app for this that would be great, thank you
Illusionary
Badges: 19
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
You're an iOS user, I assume? If this isn't an iTunes purchase, it's surely just a matter of importing the MP3 (or other sound format) file into iTunes and then just synchronising with your phone.
bad_moose
Badges: 17
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
Spotify does this. If you pay for the premium version (I think it's £5 a month for a student) then you can sync your playlists to the phone so you can listen to the music offline. It's really good, I've completely done away with hard copies of music now.
Gerrard24
Rep:
?
(Original post by bad_moose)
Spotify does this. If you pay for the premium version (I think it's £5 a month for a student) then you can sync your playlists to the phone so you can listen to the music offline. It's really good, I've completely done away with hard copies of music now.
Okay that's great thanks, I have been looking at getting spotify, it does seem like a reasonable price as well
yellowcopter
Badges: 21
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
(Original post by Gerrard24)
Anyone know of an app where i can download music to it, and not having to use WIFI to listen to the music? I used to have iTube and that worked perfectly, until YouTube changed everything, and now i have PlayTube. However on this i cannot 'Cache' my music. If anyone knows an app for this that would be great, thank you
I used to use iTube too but then I moved to Spotify Premium, it's great totally recommend it and worth £5.

But when Premium runs out and I don't feel like paying I still use iTube. When they get pulled down from the store and you've uninstalled them, just log into your Apple ID, select Purchased and it'll still be there to redownload even if the apps have been pulled. I'm sure it's still in your purchase history if you want to download it.

I've been using the same Apple ID for years and loads of pulled apps from the App Store are still redownloadble for me like Flappy Bird and even MSN.
Gerrard24
Rep:
?
(Original post by yellowcopter)
I used to use iTube too but then I moved to Spotify Premium, it's great totally recommend it and worth £5.

But when Premium runs out and I don't feel like paying I still use iTube. When they get pulled down from the store and you've uninstalled them, just log into your Apple ID, select Purchased and it'll still be there to redownload even if the apps have been pulled. I'm sure it's still in your purchase history if you want to download it.

I've been using the same Apple ID for years and loads of pulled apps from the App Store are still redownloadble for me like Flappy Bird and even MSN.
Looks like I'll have to get Spotify Premium then :P

I still have flappy bird too, not MSN though! Haha, but iTube doesn't work anymore because YouTube updated their software and I can't search for new songs on iTube anymore 😩

Thanks for the help guys , just got my car so I needed a good source of music :P
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Are you tempted to change your firm university choice on A-level results day?

Yes, I'll try and go to a uni higher up the league tables (164)
17.45%
Yes, there is a uni that I prefer and I'll fit in better (82)
8.72%
No I am happy with my course choice (560)
59.57%
I'm using Clearing when I have my exam results (134)
14.26%

Watched Threads