The Student Room Group

Help needed!

So basically, I'm a girl studying at a sixth form. I'm really athletic and I'm really into sports like football and stuff. There's this PE teacher in my school who is quite good looking and fit. He's really really really young too compared to any other teachers in my school. He teaches football after school and I'm part of that team. At first, we never used to notice each other but as time flew by, he began to smile at me, touch my hands and even hug me. I do fancy him and I've got a feeling that he fancies me too. Like even my friends told me that he a big crush on me by the way he acts around me. I tries to get so close to me. I don't know what to do because I do have a huge crush on him too.
how old is he and don't do anything inappropriate whilst you're still at six form it could cost him his job
Reply 2
Original post by JANOS SLYNT
how old is he and don't do anything inappropriate whilst you're still at six form it could cost him his job

He's 23 going to be 24 soon! Oh yeah that's true. The thing is he has never admitted that he fancies me but he always tries to get close to me even when there are people around us. Couple of days ago, he hugged me when I was crying over stress and stuff! The other day, he even asked me if i needed any private training for Football but I replied back by saying 'no'.. Since then, he has acted a bit weirdly around me! I think he's kinda embarrassed.
Reply 3
you should wait until you finish sixform to pursue any kind of relationship with him because by then he wont get in trouble and you're both free to do what you want

p.s a similar thing happened at my cousins college girl and young pe teacher liked each other and got together when she finished college they apparently didn't last long and her parents were annoyed
stay away danger lurks my friend...
Reply 5
Don't go there. Simple as.
It'll cost him more than his just his job but tarnish his employment credibility because he's is in a position of authority making it a violation of trust, responsibility and ethics. I've heard so many similar cases in the past and most instances it's the student that exaggerates these supposed reciprocated feelings when it is simply an act of kindness and a teacher going out of their way to help students. Maybe he simply asked if you wanted private training for pure performance reasons? Are you good at football or are you struggling with certain techniques etc and he simply wants you to perform to the best of your ability to work better as a team that would benefit the team as a whole? And your friends could possibly just be getting you gassed, because he's young and good-looking and meets their fantasies. I've had teachers that have nearly lost their job over hormonal pubescent girls who misinterpret kindness for flirting.

And even if the reasons mentioned above doesn't apply to you and he really does like you - don't do it; we all know students and teachers shouldn't cross those boundaries anyways so why entertain the possibility?
Reply 6
Original post by ms-13
you should wait until you finish sixform to pursue any kind of relationship with him because by then he wont get in trouble and you're both free to do what you want

p.s a similar thing happened at my cousins college girl and young pe teacher liked each other and got together when she finished college they apparently didn't last long and her parents were annoyed

Yeah I'll wait! But he's the one who does things with me when people are around us. Surely, he must know that if anyone sees him hugging me, he'll get into trouble, right? It seems like he doesn't even care.
Really? Oh that's such a shame. I haven't even told my parents about this situation, I don't think they are gonna like him either. But I feel really good when I'm with this guy. He makes me feel really special. I've been in two serious relationships before but none of them guys gave me this feeling.
P.S. I know this guy's father since he is the head of the PE department in our school. His father and I have known each other since when I was in year 7.
Reply 7
Original post by scrawlx101
stay away danger lurks my friend...

Aha would love to do that but I really do like this guy and I mean it!
Reply 8
Original post by Faith.A
Don't go there. Simple as.
It'll cost him more than his just his job but tarnish his employment credibility because he's is in a position of authority making it a violation of trust, responsibility and ethics. I've heard so many similar cases in the past and most instances it's the student that exaggerates these supposed reciprocated feelings when it is simply an act of kindness and a teacher going out of their way to help students. Maybe he simply asked if you wanted private training for pure performance reasons? Are you good at football or are you struggling with certain techniques etc and he simply wants you to perform to the best of your ability to work better as a team that would benefit the team as a whole? And your friends could possibly just be getting you gassed, because he's young and good-looking and meets their fantasies. I've had teachers that have nearly lost their job over hormonal pubescent girls who misinterpret kindness for flirting.

And even if the reasons mentioned above doesn't apply to you and he really does like you - don't do it; we all know students and teachers shouldn't cross those boundaries anyways so why entertain the possibility?

Yeah but it's just not that simple to avoid this guy when I really do like him. Okay I understand that I might be over exaggerating this whole situation. He personally said that he finds me good at Football more than any girls in my team. What about the fact that he hugged me when I was crying? Is that just an act of kindness and a teacher going out of their way to help students?
Can we not just get into a relationship after I finish my education at sixth form then?
Original post by Anonymous
He's 23 going to be 24 soon! Oh yeah that's true. The thing is he has never admitted that he fancies me but he always tries to get close to me even when there are people around us. Couple of days ago, he hugged me when I was crying over stress and stuff! The other day, he even asked me if i needed any private training for Football but I replied back by saying 'no'.. Since then, he has acted a bit weirdly around me! I think he's kinda embarrassed.

'Private training'? We all know what that means :hubba:

On a srs note: wait until he's no longer your teacher or you're no longer a student before you consider taking things further.
Original post by Anonymous
Yeah but it's just not that simple to avoid this guy when I really do like him. Okay I understand that I might be over exaggerating this whole situation. He personally said that he finds me good at Football more than any girls in my team. What about the fact that he hugged me when I was crying? Is that just an act of kindness and a teacher going out of their way to help students?
Can we not just get into a relationship after I finish my education at sixth form then?

At the end of the day you are going to do what you want to do. You are also going to see what you wish to see. Therefore, you are going to do what you like and select whomevers response that best suits you. But please understand this, from his side, he is in a position of authority and power, so if he is doing the things that you are saying it's actually wrong. And you don't really know him, just because his father worked at your school doesn't mean you've established some form of relations - it's just a professional relationship it's not like the father is a family friend. You only know this PE Teacher from sixth form - for all you know he could have a girlfriend. Not to mention he hugged you when you were upset, he hardly hugs you as a way to greet you. My sister's a teacher and she hugs her students when they're crying - though she's goes to an all girls school but it doesn't mean she wants to be in a relationship with them.
(edited 8 years ago)

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending