Edexcel iGCSE Paper 2 Science TopicsWatch
Many thanks everyone!
^^ this is a really good IGCSE A* biology revision blog (written by a biology tutor at Eton!) and these are the topics he thinks will come up...
- A question about blood, vaccination, pathogens, bringing in bacterial and viral structure, maybe comparing them to animal cells?
- Something to do with enzymes, nutrients (monomers, polymers), some detail on elements of the digestive system that have not been covered?
- Water uptake, osmosis, transpiration stream, potometers?
- Photosynthesis biochemistry, maybe an experimental question, linking with respiration (hydrogencarbonate indicator experiment for example?)
- Nervous system – reflex arc and eye structure and function are both ripe for a good question
- Homeostasis question, on thermoregulation or kidney function
- A question about cloning that links in with cell division, mitosis and meiosis, asexual versus sexual reproduction
- Natural selection, evolution, selective breeding, maybe linked to an environmental context (e.g. global warming), or food production (e.g. fish farming)
- Food webs and energy flow, along with a carbon/water/nitrogen cycle component
- A respiration question that ties in with yoghurt and/or beer production
Hope this helps! )