My boyfriend says he stopped loving me.

Watch
Anonymous #1
Report Thread starter 6 years ago
Ive been with my boyfriend about 4 months now. We're in a Long Distance relationship which had never been an issue. In fact I didn't know there had been issues; I'm quite upfront with my feelings, I found out he isn't. So last night we argued about something and he ended it.

This huge tirade came out that he'd been unhappy for alot of it, i'd apparently done things that upset/annoyed him etc, but he never told me any of them and expected me to know and make them better. Now today he's told me he doesn't love me anymore and that it changed in a matter of seconds.

I'm trying everything I can but its just weird he claims to have stopped loving me when I thought everything was totally fine?
Exceptional
Badges: 21
Rep:
?
Report 6 years ago
That isn't love. <3
Ness'B
Badges: 10
Rep:
?
Report 6 years ago
It's harder because you're not there..
Hot_Potato
Badges: 14
Rep:
?
Report 6 years ago
Maybe he can't take a long distance relationship and got feelings for someone closer? I hope that doesn't sound rude 🙈
But I imagine maintaining a long distance relationship is hard especially at a young age.

Or maybe he's just really bad with exposing his emotions and just expects you to know how he feels.

But at the end of the day you can't force someone to love you. I say move on and forget him. He obviously isn't worth wasting time on! Like they say there's more fish in the sea maybe even someone close by
Emily.97
Badges: 21
Rep:
?
Report 6 years ago
The outcome would have been very different here had he just told you how he felt. Sounds like he's repressed a lot of concerns and that's just turned in to resentment towards you. I don't think it's worth giving up- have a frank discussion. Although the fact that he's willing to give up like this may say something about his commitment to you.
danadd9
Badges: 12
Rep:
?
Report 6 years ago
If you're having problems this early on then it's not going to work out, he cleary can't handle a long-distance relationship (and to be honest most people can't). I might sound blunt but OP I think you should find someone more suited and deserving, who either lives closer to you or is capable of sticking through a long-distance relationship. Regards
Andy98
  • Study Helper
Badges: 20
Rep:
?
Report 6 years ago
Kiddo, on behalf of men: he comes across as a jerk and an idiot.

You might be able to talk sense into him but I wouldn't get your hopes up

Posted from TSR Mobile
Shellshocker93
Badges: 13
Rep:
?
Report 6 years ago
If you're having issues maintaining a relationship 4 months into the relationship, I think it is wise to just cut it off. Long distance is workable if you see the person on a semi regular basis, this re-instates what you guys like about each others, and fuels the relationship. If you just Skype/Facetime/Chat, its going to get OLD QUICK.

The odds are he has perhaps maybe developed feeling for someone else, closer, and now feels this relationship is worn out. I've know people who've been in a relationship for 2 years, separate for a few months due to work, and somehow realised that the foundation of their relationship was familiarity, which is a TERRIBLE reason to be together.

Your 4 month fling is not worthy to service a distance longer then perhaps across town, I am sorry to say.
Badges: 5
Rep:
?
Report 6 years ago
He didn't love you in the first place.

Posted from TSR Mobile
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Do you think receiving Teacher Assessed Grades will impact your future?

I'm worried it will negatively impact me getting into university/college (19)
39.58%
I'm worried that I’m not academically prepared for the next stage in my educational journey (4)
8.33%
I'm worried it will impact my future career (2)
4.17%
I'm worried that my grades will be seen as ‘lesser’ because I didn’t take exams (13)
27.08%
I don’t think that receiving these grades will impact my future (5)
10.42%
I think that receiving these grades will affect me in another way (let us know in the discussion!) (5)
10.42%

Watched Threads