Maths ICT and sociology will I be able to do economics in University

Watch
asdfghjkl000
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 5 years ago
Im currently doing GCSEs and after i finish im thinking of doing maths ict and sociology. Will these subjects be good enough for doing economics in uni
Jai Sandhu
Badges: 12
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
(Original post by asdfghjkl000)
Im currently doing GCSEs and after i finish im thinking of doing maths ict and sociology. Will these subjects be good enough for doing economics in uni
Have you considered doing economics as an A level. The essential subject is Mathematics, the next most desirable subjects are Further Maths and Economics, after that it does not really matter.
asdfghjkl000
Rep:
?
The sixth form that I want to go to doesn't do economics

Posted from TSR Mobile
Exceptional
Badges: 20
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
Maths is good. I'd rethink your other A-levels. History, Politics, Chemistry, Physics, Geography and others would be better.

I know your Sixth Form doesn't do Economics, but a perfect combination would be: Econ, Maths, Further Maths and History.
Jai Sandhu
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
The sixth form that I want to go to doesn't do economics

Posted from TSR Mobile
Does it do further maths? If it doesnt do either economics or further maths have you considered a different college?
thecatwithnohat
Report 5 years ago
English Lit fits in well with Econ.
asdfghjkl000
Rep:
?
I'd rather not do further mathematics as I do not want to kill myself as I'm already doing maths. Do u think maths history and sociology will be good subjects to choose in order to get into a good uni

Posted from TSR Mobile
asdfghjkl000
Rep:
?
Isnt econ a maths type of degree

Posted from TSR Mobile
Smug Life
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
You only need maths. Just pick any 4 well-regarded subjects. Oxbridge and LSE don't count ICT as an A-level.
Jai Sandhu
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
I'd rather not do further mathematics as I do not want to kill myself as I'm already doing maths. Do u think maths history and sociology will be good subjects to choose in order to get into a good uni

Posted from TSR Mobile
Isnt econ a maths type of degree

Posted from TSR Mobile
Economics is very heavily mathematics based. Also, further mathematics is not that hard, it is extremely over hyped. This is coming form someone who got the boundary for an A* in GCSE and was in set 6 out of 7.
asdfghjkl000
Rep:
?
Do u think unis will accept history

Posted from TSR Mobile
Jai Sandhu
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
Do u think unis will accept history

Posted from TSR Mobile
Yes, though unis may not count ICT or sociology depending how prestigious you are looking but you really should do further maths or you will be disadvantaged. Btw, if you quote us it tells us when you respond so we can get back to you quicker instead of checking the thread to see if you reply.
asdfghjkl000
Rep:
?
(Original post by Jai Sandhu)
Yes, though unis may not count ICT or sociology depending how prestigious you are looking but you really should do further maths or you will be disadvantaged. Btw, if you quote us it tells us when you respond so we can get back to you quicker instead of checking the thread to see if you reply.
Thanks for the advice

Posted from TSR Mobile
KingStannis
Badges: 3
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
(Original post by thecatwithnohat)
English Lit fits in well with Econ.
In what respect?
Smug Life
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
Do u think unis will accept historyPosted from TSR Mobile
Yes. Are you planning on applying to Oxbridge/LSE econ? If so, go on their sites and you can see the subjects that they "blacklist".
Jai Sandhu
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
Thanks for the advice

Posted from TSR Mobile
No worries and good night.
thecatwithnohat
Report 5 years ago
(Original post by KingStannis)
In what respect?
Not tightly linked but there are a lot of 'explain', 'suppose', 'define' questions, English could perhaps help you to keep your points more concise, phrased correctly etc.?
asdfghjkl000
Rep:
?
Not tightly linked but there are a lot of 'explain', 'suppose', 'define' questions, English could perhaps help you to keep your points more concise, phrased correctly etc.?
Listening to that paragraph I can't tell that ur great In english. I hate English its the weakest subject for me in gcse

Posted from TSR Mobile
thecatwithnohat
Report 5 years ago
Listening to that paragraph I can't tell that ur great In english. I hate English its the weakest subject for me in gcse

Posted from TSR Mobile
Thanks for that mini compliment pumpkin If English really isn't for you, then taking on Further Maths is the direction you should be looking to get nudged into. I know a lot of people who take ICT along with Economics but I think it's just a coincidence. I guess it's just nice to have a little something on the side that won't have your brain ticking all time time
asdfghjkl000
Rep:
?
Thanks for that mini compliment pumpkin If English really isn't for you, then taking on Further Maths is the direction you should be looking to get nudged into. I know a lot of people who take ICT along with Economics but I think it's just a coincidence. I guess it's just nice to have a little something on the side that won't have your brain ticking all time time
Ur welcome and What did u take for a levels

Posted from TSR Mobile
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Have you experienced financial difficulties as a student due to Covid-19?

Yes, I have really struggled financially (56)
17.28%
I have experienced some financial difficulties (92)
28.4%
I haven't experienced any financial difficulties and things have stayed the same (121)
37.35%
I have had better financial opportunities as a result of the pandemic (44)
13.58%
I've had another experience (let us know in the thread!) (11)
3.4%

Watched Threads