CCEA AS 111th June 2015 English Literature- Gatsby/Yeats/Kavanagh

Watch
username973803
Badges: 14
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 5 years ago
Hi all, for those doing the exam the 11th what do you predict will come up? Hoping for childhood for yeates/kavanagh!
TSR Jessica
Badges: 19
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
Sorry you've not had any responses about this. Are you sure you’ve posted in the right place? Posting in the specific Study Help forum should help get responses.

I'm going to quote in Puddles the Monkey now so she can move your thread to the right place if it's needed. :yy:

Spoiler:
Show
(Original post by Puddles the Monkey)
x
mcgaimee16
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
Have you any predictions for gatsby? Sorry haven't a clue about the poems I study Lochhead and Duffy!
fashiongurl
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
(Original post by mcgaimee16)
Have you any predictions for gatsby? Sorry haven't a clue about the poems I study Lochhead and Duffy!
I do duffy and lochhead too! Would love something to do with childhood/growing up or love to come up but its probably gonna be a tough theme! Maybe something to do with the poems 1953/nostalgia? I really dont like them! And for gatsby i think id like something on the women characters to come up. I have so much to do for english!!
fashiongurl
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
(Original post by mcgaimee16)
I do duffy and lochhead too! Would love something to do with childhood/growing up or love to come up but its probably gonna be a tough theme! Maybe something to do with the poems 1953/nostalgia? I really dont like them! And for gatsby i think id like something on the women characters to come up. I have so much to do for english!!
mcgaimee16
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
(Original post by fashiongurl)
aw childhood would be such a good one to get or else I'm thinking a question about women perhaps? I have so much to do,don't even know where to start with gatsby!
username973803
Badges: 14
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 5 years ago
So for gatsby are you focusing on women?

I might just do women and the American dream.. What do you think?
Badges: 12
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
I'm doing Gatsby, but we're doing Frost and Thomas poems for section B.
cforrest
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
Does anyone know what the Januray 2015 questions were for Gatsby and Thomas/Frost?
nadine-
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
(Original post by cforrest)
Does anyone know what the Januray 2015 questions were for Gatsby and Thomas/Frost?

They don't run January modules anymore! Any predictions for thomas/frost? I'm studying it too.
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
(Original post by nadine-)
They don't run January modules anymore! Any predictions for thomas/frost? I'm studying it too.
If you're doing Frost, any chance of good Edward Thomas notes?
Because we have **** all.
emr:D
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
For poetry I'm doing Heaney/Montague :/
I have no idea where to start Gatsby revision as there is just so much to learn, any ideas??
I just really hope it isn't a badly worded question like some of the past papers because I would completely take the wrong angle!
nadine-
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
For Gatsby my teacher is thinking women, modern context, or something on the tragic hero?? She tends to be quite accurate with her predictions. And for the thomas/frost, we also have very little on Edward Thomas. Our focus has always been primarily on the poems themselves rather than the poets.
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
(Original post by nadine-)
For Gatsby my teacher is thinking women, modern context, or something on the tragic hero?? She tends to be quite accurate with her predictions. And for the thomas/frost, we also have very little on Edward Thomas. Our focus has always been primarily on the poems themselves rather than the poets.
It's notes on the poems we need for Thomas.
I'm acc so ****ed. Was predicted an A at the start of a year and got a C in my mock, haha!
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
I think women or tragic hero would be really good but AO3 still confuses me :/
Cmk1
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
Any predictions for Heaney and Montague? And Gatsby?
Cmk1
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
(Original post by emr:D)
For poetry I'm doing Heaney/Montague :/
I have no idea where to start Gatsby revision as there is just so much to learn, any ideas??
I just really hope it isn't a badly worded question like some of the past papers because I would completely take the wrong angle!
Any predicted themes for Heaney and Montague?
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
(Original post by Cmk1)
Any predicted themes for Heaney and Montague?
My teacher suggested relationship between man/ woman and maybe education? What poems would you use for a relationship question because he didn't say?
Cmk1
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
(Original post by emr:D)
My teacher suggested relationship between man/ woman and maybe education? What poems would you use for a relationship question because he didn't say?
For Heaney I'd definetly use 'The Wife's Tale' but for Montague ive no idea, maybe 'the Wild Dog Rose'?
hansiepansie11
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
(Original post by fashiongurl)
if childhood/growing up comes up u could try mrs tilschers class and lanarkshire girls, i prefer them to 1953 and nostalgia i think theyre easier to write about
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Current uni students - are you thinking of dropping out of university?

Yes, I'm seriously considering dropping out (150)
14.78%
I'm not sure (44)
4.33%
No, I'm going to stick it out for now (303)
29.85%
I have already dropped out (26)
2.56%
I'm not a current university student (492)
48.47%

Watched Threads