The Student Room Group

CCEA AS 111th June 2015 English Literature- Gatsby/Yeats/Kavanagh

Scroll to see replies

Reply 40
Original post by wee.sammie
Yes, 19 years old trying to sabotage the exams of innocent 17 year olds. Ciaran, I suggest you kindly take yourself away from the situation before 17 year olds believe your fraudulence as peer encouragement. You have manifested a teenage persona, and with that I am disgusted. Do not use thestudentroom as a platform for your malevolence.

No you idiot I'm trying to predict questions for MY OWN english paper on Thirsday so maybe you'll stop this and let me revise
Original post by Cmk1
No you idiot I'm trying to predict questions for MY OWN english paper on Thirsday so maybe you'll stop this and let me revise

Curious how you deem yourself an 'English' student yet permeate your vocabulary with such hurtful terms as 'idiot'. I am not one to criticise life choices, but with yours I have no option. You are the object of my contempt Ciaran and I suggest you do revise...yes, do revise....revise a better way of life.
Yeats/Kavanagh - for Easter work our teacher made us make out essay plans for each of the themes so that's all I've really looked at

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by MindOfFinn
Yeats/Kavanagh - for Easter work our teacher made us make out essay plans for each of the themes so that's all I've really looked at

Posted from TSR Mobile

Ahhh crap! I was thinking of revising childhood, nature, poetry, place and commemoration :/

For gatsby- American dream, women, modern audience,
I'm not even sure what comes up for poetry, but I prefer prose and do so much better in it :/

Posted from TSR Mobile
Everyone I have a dilemma I'll need help with; how many poems should I bother learning?
I'm doing Frost and Thomas, and so far I have learnt 7. I was gonna go for 14 in total. Does that sound good?
Original post by Shane Webb
Everyone I have a dilemma I'll need help with; how many poems should I bother learning?
I'm doing Frost and Thomas, and so far I have learnt 7. I was gonna go for 14 in total. Does that sound good?

What poems are you learning? I'm going to look over all the poems generally and really learn the poems that can be used with multiple themes :smile: what theme do you think will come up?
Reply 47
For Heaney/ Montague what would anyone pair for childhood?
And which two link best for rural life???
Haven't learnt any yet!!
Reply 48
Original post by emr:D
For Heaney/ Montague what would anyone pair for childhood?
And which two link best for rural life???
Haven't learnt any yet!!

Childhood would be 'the barn' and 'like dolmens' or man and boy

Rural life: 'the forge' and 'like dolmens'
Original post by Zango11
What poems are you learning? I'm going to look over all the poems generally and really learn the poems that can be used with multiple themes :smile: what theme do you think will come up?

Frost and Thomas.

Contemplation had NEVER been asked before, so I would learn it.
Harshness of life maybe, as it's only shown up once. So did the theme of Birds, back in January 2012.
Rural life has been asked loads of times so I wouldn't focus too much on it. Trees and old age have shown up recently too.

Posted from TSR Mobile

I take it you're learning all the poems? That's mental. Think I'm learning 6... What are YOU hoping comes up then?
Reply 51
Any more predictions on Gatsby?
Original post by Cmk1
Any more predictions on Gatsby?

I'm thinking/hoping for modernism
Reply 53
Any predictions for the mayor of casterbridge?
For gatsby I'm learning

-Modern audience relevance-- Do you think a MODERNIST novel will be up?
-Hero
-Women
-1920's Society

Yeates/Kavanagh-

-Childhood
-Poetry
-Place
-Nature
-Commemoration.

Anything else you would recommend?
Frost and Thomas.

Contemplation had NEVER been asked before, so I would learn it.
Harshness of life maybe, as it's only shown up once. So did the theme of Birds, back in January 2012.
Rural life has been asked loads of times so I wouldn't focus too much on it. Trees and old age have shown up recently too.

Same, I'll definitely learn contemplation then and harshness of life and maybe hope/doubt :smile: our teacher thinks birds will never be asked again as it's too specific but knowing CCEA anything is possible :redface:

Does anyone think gangsters could be asked for Gatsby?
Original post by Zango11
Same, I'll definitely learn contemplation then and harshness of life and maybe hope/doubt :smile: our teacher thinks birds will never be asked again as it's too specific but knowing CCEA anything is possible :redface:

Does anyone think gangsters could be asked for Gatsby?

The thing with Gatsby is, who the **** knows what's going to come up. Such a broad topic. Our teacher won't even try and predict it for us.

Do you have any notes on The Glory by Thomas you'd be willing to share?
We have none. I also need notes on Haymaking.
Gatbsy I'm looking at women and the modern audience.
I've basically given up on poetry.
I hate poems so much, at least we have the poems in the exam :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Gatbsy I'm looking at women and the modern audience.
I've basically given up on poetry.
I hate poems so much, at least we have the poems in the exam :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile

If we didn't then we really would be ****ed.
The thing with Gatsby is, who the **** knows what's going to come up. Such a broad topic. Our teacher won't even try and predict it for us.

Do you have any notes on The Glory by Thomas you'd be willing to share?
We have none. I also need notes on Haymaking.

If you send me your email in a private message I can send you a picture of my notes on The Glory although I cannot find my notes for Haymaking as this exam is a repeat for me and I've lost a couple of poems in the past year but thankfully I've only lost those horrendous tree ones and Haymaking:frown: Did you not cover all the poems in class?

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending