Ishh12
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 4 years ago
hey i am Ish

will be joining uni of ed this year...would be glad to meet some others who are coming and doing cs as well

btw i am from India
Sd0210
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
(Original post by Ishh12)
hey i am Ish

will be joining uni of ed this year...would be glad to meet some others who are coming and doing cs as well

btw i am from India
hey... i m also from india...
doing cs BEng.... u?
jontyfernz
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
(Original post by Ishh12)
hey i am Ish

btw i am from India
B.Eng or Bsc or msc or M.Eng,i am applying for the sep 2016 intake bsc cs
jontyfernz
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
(Original post by Sd0210)
hey... i m also from india...
doing cs BEng.... u?
Hey is a B.eng better or a bsc for cs.Coz i'm moving to uk forever??I am from mumbai
Sd0210
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
(Original post by jontyfernz)
Hey is a B.eng better or a bsc for cs.Coz i'm moving to uk forever??I am from mumbai
Well I ll move back to India after a few years...so here the BE is a better degree than bsc in cs... So I opted fr it...
moreover I would prefer spending 4 yrs for BEng than bsc...
jontyfernz
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
Well I ll move back to India after a few years...so here the BE is a better degree than bsc in cs... So I opted fr it...
B.Eng is more of electronics rather than computers,Are you from Mumbai btw.I want to go into more of a computers course focusing more on software.And only stupid companies look at what course have you done.Good ones in India look at the university and your grades preferably a 2:1 is good to get a 10 lakh p.a job
Sd0210
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
B.Eng is more of electronics rather than computers,Are you from Mumbai btw.I want to go into more of a computers course focusing more on software.And only stupid companies look at what course have you done.Good ones in India look at the university and your grades preferably a 2:1 is good to get a 10 lakh p.a job
I am from kolkata... But I have checked all the modules of uni of edinburgh for be .... N it's totally abt cs...nt electronics...
jontyfernz
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
I am from kolkata... But I have checked all the modules of uni of edinburgh for be .... N it's totally abt cs...nt electronics...
There are some differences in the modules of an english,welsh,scottish or irish university.I am not going to scotland though,anyways how much did you score in your boards??
Sd0210
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
There are some differences in the modules of an english,welsh,scottish or irish university.I am not going to scotland though,anyways how much did you score in your boards??
95.25%
jontyfernz
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
95.25%
Man,I could not score even 85 in my 12th that's why doing my first year here in bsc it(mumbai university) and then joining there.Perhaps only if i joined a coaching classes and a good college i could have got 90%.I'm assuming you have got a scholarship too.
jontyfernz
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
Hey and which agent did you go to,geebee,ediwise,IDP??
Sd0210
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
Hey and which agent did you go to,geebee,ediwise,IDP??
none... i did it all alone..
Sd0210
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
Man,I could not score even 85 in my 12th that's why doing my first year here in bsc it(mumbai university) and then joining there.Perhaps only if i joined a coaching classes and a good college i could have got 90%.I'm assuming you have got a scholarship too.
nope.. i havent... dey sed dey would gv me scholarship frm 2nd year based on my performance..
jontyfernz
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
nope.. i havent... dey sed dey would gv me scholarship frm 2nd year based on my performance..
That's good.Good to see indians now starting to study in scotland,ireland and wales too.But it would be better if you studied at Imperial Or UCL or something in London
Sd0210
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
That's good.Good to see indians now starting to study in scotland,ireland and wales too.But it would be better if you studied at Imperial Or UCL or something in London
imperial rejected me.... ucl is still my firm bt i missed one of its condition(95 in maths) so dey need time to decide... my insurance is edinburgh
jontyfernz
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
imperial rejected me.... ucl is still my firm bt i missed one of its condition(95 in maths) so dey need time to decide... my insurance is edinburgh
Starthclyde is also good for computers,Surrey and Birmingham you should have put one of these in UCAS
jontyfernz
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
also ucl does not mention anything about maths on the india section.Only 90% required
Sd0210
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
also ucl does not mention anything about maths on the india section.Only 90% required
dats the requirement...bt wen dey give conditional offers its no less than 95....
Sd0210
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
Starthclyde is also good for computers,Surrey and Birmingham you should have put one of these in UCAS
going by international reputation and rankings uni of edinburgh is way above these....further its school of informatics is really famous so...
jontyfernz
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
going by international reputation and rankings uni of edinburgh is way above these....further its school of informatics is really famous so...
Yeah that is there
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

How are your mock exams going?

Love them - Feeling positive (2)
10.53%
They've been reasonable (5)
26.32%
Not feeling great... (8)
42.11%
They are TERRIBLE! (4)
21.05%

Watched Threads

Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise