azhar-1998
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 5 years ago
Whos doing the English exam next Tuesday? Anyone nervous?
Are there any tips to do well in the exam I mean the exam is two hours and fifteen minutes but I'm so scared of failure or not getting my target grade
Zöe-Elizabeth
Badges: 7
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
hey,
im doing my language next Tuesday.

I am a little nervous but if u do bad, remember you have coursework to fall back on and you can always retake next year.

I think I am most nervous about the timings for each one. 12 mins for questions 1,2,3 and 15 for question 4, question 5 is 25mins and question 6, 35 mins with 15mins leeway and a bit at the end, its all confusing.

Im also a bit nervous for question 2, can really understand how to link the picture to the text and things.

Have you got any tips?

Good Luck
Mathsqueen
Badges: 9
Report 5 years ago
(Original post by Zöe-Elizabeth)
hey,
im doing my language next Tuesday.

I am a little nervous but if u do bad, remember you have coursework to fall back on and you can always retake next year.

I think I am most nervous about the timings for each one. 12 mins for questions 1,2,3 and 15 for question 4, question 5 is 25mins and question 6, 35 mins with 15mins leeway and a bit at the end, its all confusing.

Im also a bit nervous for question 2, can really understand how to link the picture to the text and things.

Have you got any tips?

Good Luck
(Original post by azhar-1998)
Are there any tips to do well in the exam I mean the exam is two hours and fifteen minutes but I'm so scared of failure or not getting my target grade
You guys will all be fine and have nothing to worry about!
I recommend doing past papers as practise for the real thing, that will only allow you to get into the hang of the question pattern and timings

It's difficult because you need to learn to write quickly within the timings, and in order to attempt all the questions you NEED to move on as soon as the timings are up (maybe just finish your sentence first But NOT your paragraph) If you're aiming for the A/A* you need to attempt all questions. Also don't forget that you're coursework contributes to your final grade, so you need to take that into account when doing the exam. So for example if you got a B on your CW, but want an A for your GCSE, you need to make up for that on the exam.

Bottom line: my main tips are timing and learning the pattern of the sentences. Once you get the hang of that, then you can start exploring the Mark scheme in detail which i can help you with!

Again- you have nothing to worry about, and will do really well in the end
Zöe-Elizabeth
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
That's what our teacher has told us but we haven't done much practise on language because we also had literature to do so have been concentrating on that.
We have a 5 hour revision day Monday so hopefully it will clear things up more.

Thanks for your advice
isabellagrace
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
What exam board are you guys on? I have English language on Tuesday (Edexcel) and we have 1h 45 to answer three questions

Posted from TSR Mobile
Angharad1606
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
(Original post by azhar-1998)
I'm doing the English exam Tuesday.. Aha and I'm nervous! I think just stick to timings as much as possible, read through all the sources and questions first & annotate them. Also, make plans for question 5&6 so you don't run out of things to write! Good Luck! X
Zöe-Elizabeth
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
im on AQA.
azhar-1998
Rep:
?
Oh I'm doing my Exam on Wednesday I'm doing AQA
azhar-1998
Rep:
?
I recommend you all to look at Mr bruffs vidoes on YouTube they really helped me!!
Zöe-Elizabeth
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
will have a look, thank you azhar-1998
azhar-1998
Rep:
?
My teacher recommended us to get a casio watch from Argos, there good cause you can time each question there like £8
ProViolin
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
Hi every one,

I am doing edexcel language exam on Tuesday and im doing of mice and men.
Does any one have any good predictions or advice on how to best revise from now untill then for both this and writing?
appreciate if you could help!
azhar-1998
Rep:
?
OMG how did everyone do?
azhar-1998
Rep:
?
I hope I passed!!!!
imusti96
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
(Original post by proviolin)
hi every one,

i am doing edexcel language exam on tuesday and im doing of mice and men.
Does any one have any good predictions or advice on how to best revise from now untill then for both this and writing?
Appreciate if you could help!
what were th equestions or even the extract for omam if you remember?
pink2000
Badges: 12
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
Anyone remember questions for aqa English language paper 2015?
Thanks
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Should there be a new university admissions system that ditches predicted grades?

No, I think predicted grades should still be used to make offers (614)
33.75%
Yes, I like the idea of applying to uni after I received my grades (PQA) (764)
42%
Yes, I like the idea of receiving offers only after I receive my grades (PQO) (361)
19.85%
I think there is a better option than the ones suggested (let us know in the thread!) (80)
4.4%

Watched Threads