The Student Room Group

How much does looks really matter?

In a relationship, are you most drawn in because of looks or personality? would you ever be attracted to someone if they had a less attractive face but a great personality?
Reply 1
It's different for everyone but for me, I'd say looks are what initially attract me to someone but if I see that I don't think I'd like them as a person, I usually forget about them. Like someone can be hot but can have the personality of a piece of wood, so you'll, most likely, easily forget about them. Whereas someone could be average looking and be really interesting, therefore it would be less likely that they're as forgettable. :smile:
Reply 2
Looks because i'm not gonna smash her personality.
Honestly, I take into account both. I like nice faces with a kind personality.
It does't have to be either this or that.

Obviously what you think is not attractive, someone else may find attractive. So don't be too insecure about your looks (if that is your purpose for posting this), not all people are picky! :smile:
Some people it matters a lot, some people it matters very little. Universally though, to have a strong and lasting bond I think you need a certain level of attraction to both looks and personality
Reply 5
"How much do looks really matter?"
"How much does appearance really matter?"
If you can't formulate a question that sounds correct you'd better hope you're hot as hell to compensate.
Reply 6
Being a guy, attractive > personality (for the first few weeks/months)

After a few months if there is no serious click between us when we interact, next....
So, here's the dealio, I'm really God damn ugly. Like, to some pretty serious extreme. I'm 20, about 4 stone over weight and almost full on Dr. phill bald. At 20.
When I go out, people think I'm my friends dad.

I've never cared about looks, a person is so much more. For me, a relationship is deep, meaningful connection, anyone who would let a person's shell stand in the way of forming that isn't nearly worthy of me.
That's kinda just how I see it.

So, for me, not even slightly, and, judging by my past and current relationships, others out there feel the same way.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending