The Student Room Group

Gcse edxcel geography a unit 2 natural help

Do you have to know about the topic 'watery world' as it says in my revision guide that i need to know about it but my teacher hasn't even mentioned it in class.

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1
Yep you do have to learn it. It's going to be coastal landscapes, river landscapes, tectonic landscapes and watery world.
We have to answer all the questions this year too.:unimpressed:
Original post by Leah8594
Do you have to know about the topic 'watery world' as it says in my revision guide that i need to know about it but my teacher hasn't even mentioned it in class.

You may have learnt a Wasteful World instead?- thats what I leant. At the back of the paper you get given a choice between Wasteful World and Watery World!
Reply 3
Original post by Lolaabigail
You may have learnt a Wasteful World instead?- thats what I leant. At the back of the paper you get given a choice between Wasteful World and Watery World!

Nah, our paper is going to be the first of its kind in which e have to answer all the questions (at least that's what my teacher said)
Original post by aamirac
Nah, our paper is going to be the first of its kind in which e have to answer all the questions (at least that's what my teacher said)

You on Spec A?
So you've done Unit 1- mapskills and challenges for the planet?
for Unit 2 we do coasts, rivers, tectonics and wasteful world.
Last years paper was the first of the new ones (go and look on the Edexcel website and look at last years June 2014.) With the new paper you have to answer all the questions, as in the topics you've learnt and its covered more 'briefly' then it was before. I'm pretty certain in section B you answer either question 4 or 5- where you choose either Wasteful or Watery.
http://qualifications.pearson.com/content/dam/pdf/GCSE/Geography%20A/2009/Exam%20materials/Question-paper-Unit-2-Paper-1H-June-2014.pdf
Reply 5
You on Spec A?
So you've done Unit 1- mapskills and challenges for the planet?
for Unit 2 we do coasts, rivers, tectonics and wasteful world.
Last years paper was the first of the new ones (go and look on the Edexcel website and look at last years June 2014.) With the new paper you have to answer all the questions, as in the topics you've learnt and its covered more 'briefly' then it was before. I'm pretty certain in section B you answer either question 4 or 5- where you choose either Wasteful or Watery.
http://qualifications.pearson.com/content/dam/pdf/GCSE/Geography%20A/2009/Exam%20materials/Question-paper-Unit-2-Paper-1H-June-2014.pdf

I don't even know anymore... I'm just going to learn what I've been taught :ahee: and answer the questions. It shouldn't matter if you have to choose between wasteful or watery world in the exam. Just going to do what I've been taught. It will be okay...:colone:
yeha- just don't do both!
Reply 7
I wound recommend doing wasteful world, but that's only because I never did watery world. In my school we've never been taught about it. However, if you have done it, then I don't see why you wouldn't be able to pick it instead of wasteful world. Don't do both, because you will only get marked for one of them, as the paper says 'In Section B answer either question 4 or 5'.
Reply 8
What do you think is going to come up for the case study for river landscapes?
No idea as its a new paper...only last years paper which had 0 case studies in. I always seem to see the floodplain and levees and soft and hard engineering
Reply 10
No idea as its a new paper...only last years paper which had 0 case studies in. I always seem to see the floodplain and levees and soft and hard engineering

Last year did have a case study. It was on a river management.
Original post by Y123456
Last year did have a case study. It was on a river management.

my mistake, it was the sample assessment material for the new paper! - It was one on the other! -Just remember in my mock- id learnt all the case studies and the paper featured none instead it featured 6 marks on the formation of floodplains and levees. Worth to do that paper
For case studies it'll be better to revise a HIC and LIC, for example in A Watery World, you need to know about managing water in HICs and in LICs.
There is not going to be a question on water management schemes as this came up last year. Therefore you shouldnt bother revising any case studies on water management schemes. You are better off revising the Tigris-Euphrates River System in Turkey, and how water transfers cause conflicts. This is for watery world.
Reply 14
Original post by Hot&Spicy
There is not going to be a question on water management schemes as this came up last year. Therefore you shouldnt bother revising any case studies on water management schemes. You are better off revising the Tigris-Euphrates River System in Turkey, and how water transfers cause conflicts. This is for watery world.

What about for a wasteful world?
Original post by Y123456
What about for a wasteful world?

Im sorry, i dont do wasteful world, i only do watery world, so i'm not sure.:s-smilie::colondollar:
I think that it will be river flood management in an area or the effects of flooding eg. India 2008
good luck :smile:
Original post by Hot&Spicy

Thank you so much
Would you by any chance have a summary of the Tigris-Euphrates River System?
I was given photocopied pages of it from my teacher, but I find it too confusing to understand :frown:
Is anyone doing natural hazards and global tourism?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by vausebi
Thank you so much
Would you by any chance have a summary of the Tigris-Euphrates River System?
I was given photocopied pages of it from my teacher, but I find it too confusing to understand :frown:

Yes sure, i found this website online it summarises it all perfectly.

https://sites.google.com/site/myrevisionsite/home/Geography/naturalevrm/a-watery-world/turkeysyriairaqconflict

This helped me a lot. :colonhash:

Personally, i think watery world is my hardest topic, so im gonna have to revise a lot for tomorrow.

Quick Reply

Latest