MaccaWare
Badges: 13
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 5 years ago
has anyone got any tips on revising for the religious studies GCSE and any good resources or religious quotes. Thanks
G98
Badges: 8
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
(Original post by MaccaWare)
has anyone got any tips on revising for the religious studies GCSE and any good resources or religious quotes. Thanks
I'm doing this exam as well, good luck. Are you doing short course or full course. If you're doing full course what did you get last year.

Here are some tips for revision:
Buy a notebook and write all the revision in the 4 different topic sections
First learn all the key words for each individual topic-this will give you 8 marks altogether.

second learn different religious terms, because you get extra marks for this in most of the questions, as long as you integrate the terms into your writing well. This will also give you SPaG marks.

Thirdly learn from 2 different religions religious traditions. Altogether the questions on all the religious traditions will give you 24 marks-this is almost a quarter of the marks so it's very important.

when doing the paper always read the question properly and always refer to religion in your answers.

If your stuck on a question generalise your answers if you can't think of anything else, for example if I question asks you show how religion has an influence on war. You could say:
Religion can be very influential towards the necessity of war. For example S.t. Aquinas set rules for a just war, which most religious believers follow. These rules were put in place to prevent war from occurring and to bring peace to the world-under Gods divine plan. One of the rules for a just war is for there to be a reasonable amount of possibility for success-this shows just how religion influences war and prevents unnecessary wars from occurring.

Also this is the most important rule: Always give evidence when answering questions. I've heard that people lose approximately about 3/5 of the marks through not doing this.

A good resource is GCSE Bitesize. It has some good quotes to refer to in your answers.

If you need anymore help/tips e.t.c. for this or other subjects just message me and i'll get back to you as soon as possible.

good luck with the exam
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

How are you feeling being back in school?

Happy (44)
23.04%
Unhappy (54)
28.27%
Conflicted (93)
48.69%

Watched Threads

Latest
My Feed