The Student Room Group

Question: English Literature AQA (OMAM)

So I did the english lit exam on the 18th of May on modern texts, my texts being OMAM and AIC. I was just wondering, for the OMAM part of the question, if part A is worth a whole 15 marks or does your mark depend on the overally quality of the answer? My part A was considerably weaker than part B so I'm worried about how many marks I could lose.
There are no set marks for part a or b, the whole question is marked out of 30 marks. So, if you had a strong respnse to part b, it will likely move your grade up.

Also, it is important to understand that you cannot 'lose' marks in english literature. Every point you make with explanation will be given a 'band' (1-6, with 6 being the highest), and the highest band you reach a few times will be given as your overall grade. For example, if you reach band 5 twice, and band 6 three times, you will likely achieve somewhere in the middle of a band 6. :smile:
Reply 2
Original post by panic!intheexam
There are no set marks for part a or b, the whole question is marked out of 30 marks. So, if you had a strong respnse to part b, it will likely move your grade up.

Also, it is important to understand that you cannot 'lose' marks in english literature. Every point you make with explanation will be given a 'band' (1-6, with 6 being the highest), and the highest band you reach a few times will be given as your overall grade. For example, if you reach band 5 twice, and band 6 three times, you will likely achieve somewhere in the middle of a band 6. :smile:

Thank you :smile:

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending