The Student Room Group

further maths as

I'm curious as to how selecting your modules in further maths works. I'd be doing ocr mei, do i have a selection of modules and i choose 3 of them? or are you given 3 to do?
Original post by corey7695
I'm curious as to how selecting your modules in further maths works. I'd be doing ocr mei, do i have a selection of modules and i choose 3 of them? or are you given 3 to do?

I think it really depends on the school. I didn't get a say in mine, though I think you have to do FP1 regardless.
Reply 2
The school usually teaches their classes the same modules every year, but some private schools or others may allow students to choose their own in some cases
Reply 3
ah right ok, well i think my school does fp1, d1 and s2, I'm finishing AS this year but picking it up next year, is it more enjoyable than as maths? i think complex numbers and all the extra maths stuff looks very interesting.
Original post by corey7695

am in the sameposition as you, finishing AS, picking up further maths next year....also OCR MEI , my school does FP1, D1 and numerical methods (which has coursework)

really hope it is an enjoyable course and not too challenging :s-smilie:
Reply 5
Original post by student97
am in the sameposition as you, finishing AS, picking up further maths next year....also OCR MEI , my school does FP1, D1 and numerical methods (which has coursework)

really hope it is an enjoyable course and not too challenging :s-smilie:

yeah same
my teacher said we only do fp1, d1 and s2, but he said i could potentially sit in the year 13 class and do m2 instead of s2, might be fun

Quick Reply

Latest