Turn on thread page Beta

GCSE History - AQA Option B - Paper 2 - 10th June 2015. watch

ReputationRep:
    Hi,

I will be sitting the AQA History Option B - Paper 2 on 10th June 2015. The topics that I will be studying include: America in the 1920s, Hitler's Germany and Vietnam,

Does anybody have any predictions for ANY of these topics? Any revision tips or any specific areas of the topics which you would focus on?

Also, Paper 1 is on Monday 1st June, and I am doing: Origins of World War One, peacemaking and the League of Nations and Origins of World War Two. If you have any predictions for these then that would be great too!

Finally, if you have ANY revision sources for the above topics then please would you be able to send them to me? May it be images of revision, interactive quizzes/ games or documents.

Also, you can PM me if you like.

Thank you.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Cal1999)
    Hi,

I will be sitting the AQA History Option B - Paper 2 on 10th June 2015. The topics that I will be studying include: America in the 1920s, Hitler's Germany and Vietnam,

Does anybody have any predictions for ANY of these topics? Any revision tips or any specific areas of the topics which you would focus on?

Also, Paper 1 is on Monday 1st June, and I am doing: Origins of World War One, peacemaking and the League of Nations and Origins of World War Two. If you have any predictions for these then that would be great too!

Finally, if you have ANY revision sources for the above topics then please would you be able to send them to me? May it be images of revision, interactive quizzes/ games or documents.

Also, you can PM me if you like.

Thank you.
    I'm sitting this paper too. I'm doing America in the 20s, great depression and Vietnam. I know it's pretty late now but I have revision cards if you want them. Also how did you find unit 1?

ReputationRep:
    Please can I have the revision cards? I found unit one good. However, paper two is my weakest one. Do we analyse any of the sources in paper two? Do you have any predictions for unit 2?

ReputationRep:
    Please can I have the revision cards? I found unit one good. However, paper two is my weakest one. Do we analyse any of the sources in paper two? Do you have any predictions for unit 2?
    There will be one source question which is on America in the 1920s and that's it. The other two topics will consist of an 8 Mark question and a 12 Mark question.

Prediction for Hitler's Germany would be life during the second word war i.e rations... as this was only brought onto the specification in time for our exam JUST LIKE the source question on the hungarian rising on the cold war on Paper 1 which came up and it was new.

ReputationRep:
    Sorry for any spelling mistakes in these!
    Attached Files
  1. File Type: docx Revision cards.docx (52.0 KB, 194 views)
  2. File Type: docx Revision cards.docx (50.0 KB, 183 views)

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by karimoja)
    sorry for any spelling mistakes in these!
    do you have them in any other format? It wont let me open them!

ReputationRep:
    does anyone have any notes on hitlers germany and race relations 1945-1968

ReputationRep:
    Please can someone post about the impacts of WWII on the German economy? I desperately need these notes!

ReputationRep:
    Please can someone post about the impacts of WWII on the German economy? I desperately need these notes!
    I don't study it but I have it in my revision guide.. xP

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Adeel Ali)
    I don't study it but I have it in my revision guide.. xP

Please can you send me the pictures? ☺️☺️

ReputationRep:
    I'm literally just doing that lool.
    Labour shortages due to people joining armed forces - this was partly solved by Nazis conscripting workers from countries they had taken over.
    Sea blockades meant that they could no longer trade or have import - meant food production was a priority - involved more workers.
    Germany got food and materials from the USSR until they invaded in 1941, then they got materials such as metals from places like Romania.
    British and USA bombed the cities which affected to fuel supplies, industrial centres and railways. In 1934, Nazis declared total war - all industrial factories focused on producing arms for war - lead to food shortages. By late 1944, 200,000 men were tied up repairing things such as electricity, oil and gas supplies. Tank production fell by 35% by 1945.
    Industrial output was 1/3 of what it had been in 1938
    Cities were in a terrible state - many homeless
    German economy was in ruins - cities and Berlin needed to be rebuilt completely as Russians, Americans, British and French took control of parts of Berlin.
    Half the sales carried out by bartering by 1947.
    Hope this helps

ReputationRep:
    Please can you send me the pictures? ☺️☺️
    1. German economy runs out of money
    2. Prints more money to pay workers and to pay off its' debts
    3. People don't trust the money and so spend it quickly
    4.) Shops and suppliers put up prices, meaning that people have to be paid more, and so the government needs even more money and so on, in a vicious cycle.
    5.) Prices rise at an INCREDIBLE RATE. In 1919 a stamp cost 1 mark. In 1923 it costs 22,000,000!

Wow your topics are ace. Wish I did this. We're learning about stuff that is stale.

ReputationRep:
    Germany was a good place to live for most Germans during Hitler's reign. Do you agree with this statement?

Please can you provide me with bullet points, for and against. It would be appreciated!

ReputationRep:
    do you have them in any other format? It wont let me open them!
    Sorry, I don't know how else to send it!

ReputationRep:
    I'm doing the 20s, the Depression and the New Deal and Vietnam has anyone got any predictions for the questions that will come up???

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by r4ch43l)
    I'm doing the 20s, the Depression and the New Deal and Vietnam has anyone got any predictions for the questions that will come up???
    I'm doing the 20s, Depression and the Arab Conflict.

The Depression question will probably be regarding the effectiveness of the New Deal. I very much doubt that it'll be a question pertaining to Roosevelt's political prowess, however I could well be proven wrong. The Twenties are a bit of a mixed bag. I'd assume that the largest question won't be about racism or organised crime, as they have been the main topics of the last two source questions. Maybe it'll be something to do with the stock exchange or consumerism. If I were you, I'd revise absolutely everything on the specification to make sure I have all of my bases covered.

ReputationRep:
    who benefits from Nazi Germany:
    -SS have more importance and greater responsibility
    -Gestapo have greater authority
    -German youth - attend organisations = more opportunities for them
    -unemployment was reduced from 6million in 1933 to 300'000 by 1939
    -workers = out of depression and take part in job creation schemes
    -German labour front provides 44'500 jobs
    -army grew from 100'000 to 1.4 million (provides jobs)
    -small businesses developed (no Jewish business competition because they had been boycotted)
    -big business developed - infrastructure contracts
    -Strength Through Joy Movement allowed workers to go on holidays/save for cars
    -living standards improved
    -women who wanted children = received rewards and incentives
    -pride in Germany increased - pleasing nationalists

who didn't benefit:
    -leadership of SA = eliminated
    -opponents of Nazis = arrested/sent to concentration camps
    -newspaper editors - imprisoned if they publish anti Nazi material
    -anti Nazi judges = dismissed
    -youth = indoctrinated - some joined opposition groups
    -workers worked longer hours and were exploited
    -Strength Through Joy Movements - poor rewards
    -women denied a career - but had to return to workforce when war broke out
    -Jews - denied human rights
    -200'000 Jews in conc camps by 1938
    -fined 1billion Reichmarks at Night of brokenglass
    -mentally/physically disabled = hospitalised,sterilised,euthanas ia
    -Nazis interfered with church and catholic schools - despite Concordat signed in 1933
    -priests and nuns arrested

ReputationRep:
    GUYS I NEED HELP!

We haven't been taught the extra information they've introduced!,
    Can somebody bullet point them???

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Adeel Ali)
    1. German economy runs out of money
    2. Prints more money to pay workers and to pay off its' debts
    3. People don't trust the money and so spend it quickly
    4.) Shops and suppliers put up prices, meaning that people have to be paid more, and so the government needs even more money and so on, in a vicious cycle.
    5.) Prices rise at an INCREDIBLE RATE. In 1919 a stamp cost 1 mark. In 1923 it costs 22,000,000!

Wow your topics are ace. Wish I did this. We're learning about stuff that is stale.
    Help! what are the new topics?

ReputationRep:
    How did everyone find it?

Poll
A-level students - how do you feel about your results?
Useful resources

Study tools

Rosette

Essay expert

Learn to write like a pro with our ultimate essay guide.

Thinking about uni already?

Thinking about uni already?

See where you can apply with our uni match tool

Student chat

Ask a question

Chat to other GCSE students and get your study questions answered.

Creating

Make study resources

Create all the resources you need to get the grades.

Planner

Create your own Study Plan

Organise all your homework and exams so you never miss another deadline.

Resources by subject

From flashcards to mind maps; there's everything you need for all of your GCSE subjects.

Papers

Find past papers

100s of GCSE past papers for all your subjects at your fingertips.

Help out other students

Can you help? Study help unanswered threads

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.