The Death of Democracy!

Watch
The Dictator
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 5 years ago
I don't know about you, but I celebrate the death of democracy, with all its implications and rammifications, with all its dangers and its destructive powers, with all its calamitous combustion. I celebrate the death of democracy, because I celebrate the beginning of an awakening - where consensus will be dead and buried, and the herd will matter not a jot! Instead, it will be up to truly great and exceptional men and women to claw their way through the dark, dingy and impenetrable fog of futility and fallout. Let us celebrate democracy's approaching end, let us celebrate its self-destruction. Let us rejoice, for democracy's fate is sealed!

Any thoughts?
whorace
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
many words does not create meaning
RandZul'Zorander
Badges: 11
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
(Original post by The Dictator)
I don't know about you, but I celebrate the death of democracy, with all its implications and rammifications, with all its dangers and its destructive powers, with all its calamitous combustion. I celebrate the death of democracy, because I celebrate the beginning of an awakening - where consensus will be dead and buried, and the herd will matter not a jot! Instead, it will be up to truly great and exceptional men and women to claw their way through the dark, dingy and impenetrable fog of futility and fallout. Let us celebrate democracy's approaching end, let us celebrate its self-destruction. Let us rejoice, for democracy's fate is sealed!

Any thoughts?
So you don't care about the implications and rammifications of other political systems? :confused:
Mostalgia
Badges: 7
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
(Original post by The Dictator)

Any thoughts?
Democracy's fate is sealed, yes. Spengler was right; the Whigs and their idealistic historiography were wrong. I just pray that I live long enough to see the rise of new systems of governance in place of Anglo-American liberal democracy.
Mostalgia
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
(Original post by RandZul'Zorander)
So you don't care about the implications and rammifications of other political systems? :confused:
Which part of his post says "I don't care about the implications of other political systems"?
mojojojo101
Badges: 17
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
Do you mean Representative Democracy, or just Democracy in general because many people don't appear to a actually know what the difference is...
whorace
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
(Original post by mojojojo101)
Do you mean Representative Democracy, or just Democracy in general because many people don't appear to a actually know what the difference is...
One is an oxymoron, the other is tyranny.
mojojojo101
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
(Original post by whorace)
One is an oxymoron, the other is tyranny.
If Democracy is Tyranny, care to propose a system of collective decision making which isn't?
whorace
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
If Democracy is Tyranny, care to propose a system of collective decision making which isn't?
Reperesentative *democracy*
mojojojo101
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
(Original post by whorace)
Reperesentative *democracy*
???
whorace
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
???
the implication is that representative democracy is not rule of the people, and neither is it desirable since it would be tyranny, but it does have democratic functions, it is more limited than a pure democracy.
Mostalgia
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
Monarchy. A monarch delegates responsibilities to his advisors, so the decision-making is collective, in a sense.

If you mean a system that takes into account the opinions of the public as a collective, then I'd ask you why you care about that.
The_Mighty_Bush
Badges: 3
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
I agree that we are likely to see a move towards undemocratic political organisation in the future but I doubt that it will be a desirable alternative in this case. I worry that it wouldn't be rule by a monarch or an aristocracy that is responsible but that it would be demagogic dictatorship of the worst kind.
NHM713
Badges: 4
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
mob rule, rules!
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

What factors affect your mental health the most right now?

Anxiousness about lockdown easing (150)
4.91%
Uncertainty around my education (450)
14.74%
Uncertainty around my future career prospects (342)
11.2%
Lack of purpose or motivation (424)
13.89%
Lack of support system (eg. teachers, counsellors, delays in care) (143)
4.68%
Impact of lockdown on physical health (185)
6.06%
Loneliness (263)
8.61%
Financial worries (111)
3.64%
Concern about myself or my loves ones getting/having been ill (123)
4.03%
Exposure to negative news/social media (139)
4.55%
Lack of real life entertainment (167)
5.47%
Lack of confidence in making big life decisions (269)
8.81%
Worry about missed opportunities during the pandemic (287)
9.4%

Watched Threads