Turn on thread page Beta

OCR gcse history A paper 1-a,b,c part questions watch

ReputationRep:
    hi, does anyone know how to go about answering the (a), (b) and (c) part questions at the end of each section?

ReputationRep:
    Which topics are you doing?

Also could you possibly tell me how many marks each question is worth thanks?

ReputationRep:
    I am doing OCR History doing Cold War and USA.

part a is 4 marks?
    part b is 6marks?
    part C is 10 marks?

ReputationRep:
    A (really) vague idea of how you could go about it (as I have no idea what the questions will be...):

a) (4 marker)
    2 detailed points or 4 points - aim to spend no more than 5 minutes on this

b) (6 marker)
    2 or 3 paragraphs with a separate factor in each (DIFFERENT points), at least two detailed explained reasons - 10 mins or so on this

c) (10 marker)
    aiming for 1.5 - 2 pages, 20 mins or so
    For 'how far do you agree' : balanced (yes and no) approach, links between paragraphs, come to a conclusion (how far do you agree - come to a judgement)
    For 'which do you think was most important' : one paragraph for each factor, again come to a conclusion

ANSWER THE QUESTION

hope this helps somewhat

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by TheTruthTeller)
    Which topics are you doing?

Also could you possibly tell me how many marks each question is worth thanks?
    Hi
    I'm doing Germany and medicine through time:
    part a is 5 marks
    part b is 7 marks
    part c is 8 marks

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by turn-to-page394)
    A (really) vague idea of how you could go about it (as I have no idea what the questions will be...):

a) (4 marker)
    2 detailed points or 4 points - aim to spend no more than 5 minutes on this

b) (6 marker)
    2 or 3 paragraphs with a separate factor in each (DIFFERENT points), at least two detailed explained reasons - 10 mins or so on this

c) (10 marker)
    aiming for 1.5 - 2 pages, 20 mins or so
    For 'how far do you agree' : balanced (yes and no) approach, links between paragraphs, come to a conclusion (how far do you agree - come to a judgement)
    For 'which do you think was most important' : one paragraph for each factor, again come to a conclusion

ANSWER THE QUESTION

hope this helps somewhat
    Thanks the reply, this is actually pretty helpful! However I think I'm doing a slightly different paper: For me part (a) is worth 5 marks, part (b) is 7 marks and part (c) is 8 marks

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by gastly)
    Thanks the reply, this is actually pretty helpful! However I think I'm doing a slightly different paper: For me part (a) is worth 5 marks, part (b) is 7 marks and part (c) is 8 marks
    Oh sorry I think I'm doing History B ._. Oops, my bad.

Glad it helped anyways.

ReputationRep:
    Hi, I'm also doing medicine through time!

Our teacher told us to pick the question which you could best answer part C, because it has the most marks (8 marks).

In terms of timings, the paper is two hours long, so we were told to spend around 40 mins on the end of section questions, taking at least 20 mins to answer part c.

If you need any help with the first source based questions, then feel free to ask!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by PoachedPringles)
    Hi, I'm also doing medicine through time!

Our teacher told us to pick the question which you could best answer part C, because it has the most marks (8 marks).

In terms of timings, the paper is two hours long, so we were told to spend around 40 mins on the end of section questions, taking at least 20 mins to answer part c.

If you need any help with the first source based questions, then feel free to ask!
    Hi!
    do you know how to structure answers for parts b and c? I know part a is 5 points/ two points + explanations, but I'm not sure about the other two.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by gastly)
    Hi!
    do you know how to structure answers for parts b and c? I know part a is 5 points/ two points + explanations, but I'm not sure about the other two.
    For part c, since it's normally a 'how far do you agree' question, you do roughly three paragraphs - why you agree, why you disagree and a conclusion. These paragraphs are going to be quite long, since we could be asked to compare from Prehistoric medicine to modern day surgery.

I'm not really sure about part b. I would just make a rough note of everything you know about that topic, then arrange them into neat paragraphs. Looking at the sample paper, there doesn't really seem to be any need to look at both sides of the argument, but they could change it up for the real thing. I think that two or three developed points would be enough.

Poll
How are you feeling in the run-up to Results Day 2018?
Useful resources

Study tools

Rosette

Essay expert

Learn to write like a pro with our ultimate essay guide.

Thinking about uni already?

Thinking about uni already?

See where you can apply with our uni match tool

Student chat

Ask a question

Chat to other GCSE students and get your study questions answered.

Creating

Make study resources

Create all the resources you need to get the grades.

Planner

Create your own Study Plan

Organise all your homework and exams so you never miss another deadline.

Resources by subject

From flashcards to mind maps; there's everything you need for all of your GCSE subjects.

Papers

Find past papers

100s of GCSE past papers for all your subjects at your fingertips.

Help out other students

Can you help? Study help unanswered threads

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.