The Student Room Group

Best Holiday Ever?

Where was your best holiday and why?

Looking for some ideas for the summer :smile:

Scroll to see replies

Gran Canaria a few years back. But in my experienceit’s not so much where you go, it’s who you go with and where you are in yourlife. I suspect the holidays I had with friends when I was 18 couldn’t bereplicated when I’m 30 even if I went back to the exact same places.
1) Rome

2) Rome

3) hard to decide, but probably Rome.

Too much awesome to explain

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 3
Original post by lucy_crave
Gran Canaria a few years back. But in my experienceit’s not so much where you go, it’s who you go with and where you are in yourlife. I suspect the holidays I had with friends when I was 18 couldn’t bereplicated when I’m 30 even if I went back to the exact same places.

You make a good point, I completely agree the people are very important! How old were you when you went to Gran Canaria?

Original post by Ser Alex Toyne
1) Rome

2) Rome

3) hard to decide, but probably Rome.

Too much awesome to explain

Posted from TSR Mobile

Rome was on the radar, how long did you go for? How long do you need to make the most of it do you think?
Original post by Ross63
You make a good point, I completely agree the people are very important! How old were you when you went to Gran Canaria?

Rome was on the radar, how long did you go for? How long do you need to make the most of it do you think?

2 weeks at least to see it all properly

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 5
Original post by Ser Alex Toyne
2 weeks at least to see it all properly

Posted from TSR Mobile

Ah really? Any particular things you would recommend if could just pick a few things? I don't think would have that long
Original post by Ross63

It was a couple of years ago so I was 18. We stayedin Playa del Ingles. It’s a really good place if you want to go out partyingsometimes but want a more relaxing time sometimes too. Unlike somewhere likeMagaluf where its non-stop partying!
Reply 7
It was a couple of years ago so I was 18. We stayedin Playa del Ingles. It’s a really good place if you want to go out partyingsometimes but want a more relaxing time sometimes too. Unlike somewhere likeMagaluf where its non-stop partying!

Thanks, that sounds like the perfect balance. Was is not too expensive?
Original post by Ross63
Thanks, that sounds like the perfect balance. Was is not too expensive?

I thought it was reasonably priced. Research itonline and see if it’s the sort of holiday you’re looking for, like I said it’sgot some very lively bars and clubs (mainly in the Kasbah area) but also somefamily friendly bard and restaurants along the promenade. I stayed in a apartmentcomplex that was walking distance to both.
Reply 9
Whats your budget?
Greek islands - nature there is absolutely stunning, went scuba diving it was beautiful and so many different coloured fishies, night life is fab and cheap, everyone is super friendly, food is great and cheap, have some historical stuff too - what more can you want?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 11
I thought it was reasonably priced. Research itonline and see if it’s the sort of holiday you’re looking for, like I said it’sgot some very lively bars and clubs (mainly in the Kasbah area) but also somefamily friendly bard and restaurants along the promenade. I stayed in a apartmentcomplex that was walking distance to both.

I will do, thank you for all of that :smile: sounds good! I'm guessing you went with a group of friends?
Reply 12
Original post by georgem93
Whats your budget?

Erm, probably looking to go away for a week. Don't have a set budget really, not wanting to spend a silly amount of money but want to stay somewhere nice :smile:

Any suggestions?
Original post by Ross63
I will do, thank you for all of that :smile: sounds good! I'm guessing you went with a group of friends?

Yeah, I went with 3 times and had the best timeever. But now, even after almost just 3 years, I’m not sure it would be thesame. Like I said it’s about where you are in life too, we’d just done our Alevels and were all single and had such an amazing time.
Reply 14
Yeah, I went with 3 times and had the best timeever. But now, even after almost just 3 years, I’m not sure it would be thesame. Like I said it’s about where you are in life too, we’d just done our Alevels and were all single and had such an amazing time.

Ah, 3 times! must have been good :smile: Yeh i know what you mean, we had a similar holiday after out A-levels. Still sounds good, will look into it though
Sevilla!!!! Very hot, close to the beach, awesome people, awesome food, and lots of nice places to stay like for example Isla Magica...
I was there last summer and I really recomend!!
Reply 16
School trip in year 10- touring the west coast of America :smile:

San Francisco
Yosemite National Park
Death Valley
Las Vegas
Zion National Park
Bryce Canyon National Park
Grand Canyon National Park
A waterpark
Monument Valley
Palm Springs retail outlet
LA
Universal Studios
Beverly Hills
Santa Monica
Venice Beach

all in the space of 11 days :woo:
Original post by Ross63
Ah, 3 times! must have been good :smile: Yeh i know what you mean, we had a similar holiday after out A-levels. Still sounds good, will look into it though

Sorry, I meant I went with 3 friends, not that I’vebeen 3 times! Although I would happily go again!
Reply 18
Original post by lilGem
School trip in year 10- touring the west coast of America :smile:

San Francisco
Yosemite National Park
Death Valley
Las Vegas
Zion National Park
Bryce Canyon National Park
Grand Canyon National Park
A waterpark
Monument Valley
Palm Springs retail outlet
LA
Universal Studios
Beverly Hills
Santa Monica
Venice Beach

all in the space of 11 days :woo:

That sounds incredible, must have been very brief visits in each of the places! Out of all of those where was your favorite?
Either,

1. Tuscany. Went there with my school (music tour). Got to see Florence, Pisa, Lucca and the west coast.
The views and weather were great and the region overall is a cultural hive.

2. California. It was quite a few years back but there are quite a few good things I remember, chiefly Disneyland and universal studios (I was six at the time but I'm sure they're good fun all the same) and the Redwoods forest. We also went to San Francisco and up Mount St Helens, among other places, so there was a good variety of things to do.
(edited 8 years ago)

Quick Reply

Latest