best contraception? Watch

Anonymous #1
Report Thread starter 4 years ago
ive been having sex with my boyfriend for about 3 or 4 months now and we started to use condoms as I wasn't on any contraception, but sometimes theyre too much hasstle! whats the best contraception to go on that wont make me put on weight or make me a moody *****! hahaha i have been on the contraceptive patch but I didn't really like the thought of sticking a great big plaster on myself! help guys!!!!! (im **** at remembering too!)
unprinted
Badges: 19
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
There is no 'best' method of contraception, just a number of methods with compromises on something or other and only you can decide what's best for you.

If you're rubbish at remembering, then your list of ones to consider should include the implant (staggeringly reliable, involves having a small bit of plastic under the skin of your arm), the IUD (very reliable, involves having something in your uterus - available in versions with or without hormones) and the injection (very reliable, but if it doesn't work well for you, you're stuck with the side-effects for several months).
gemmam
Badges: 17
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
Try this tool it'll help narrow down options based on your preferences:

http://www.fpa.org.uk/contraception-...raception-tool

I have a copper coil and I'm fine with that. However some girls get very heavy, long and painful periods on it and others don't like the idea of coils altogether.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Beksj
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
I've been on the implant for nearly a year. I've had the pill for years as I suffered with back aches and tummy pains from periods. But it didn't work for me as a contraceptive, I go out on nights out and if you're sick or have diarrhoea then the pill won't work and your contraceptive therefore is void. I decided to go with the implant because I'm forgetful and taking a pill every day is too much of a faff and I worried a lot about the being sick thing. So I went for a more long term form I considered the coil but if it is dislodged or moves again the contraceptive dosen't work. I considered the injections but the implant was the best for me it lasts 3 years. It has caused my periods to be every three months rather than one, this varies and if you need the reassurance of your period the implant might not be for you.
Anonymous #2
Report 2 years ago
im in the same dilemma. gonna start uni soon and wanna get the contraception out of the way before i start and get busy (with work ofcourse haha)
im quite forgetful so which one would u recommend?
gemmam
Badges: 17
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
(Original post by Anonymous)
im in the same dilemma. gonna start uni soon and wanna get the contraception out of the way before i start and get busy (with work ofcourse haha)
im quite forgetful so which one would u recommend?
Maybe the implant or a coil which last a few years? Or the patch or ring so you only need to change them weekly instead of remembering to take a pill every day.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

How many universities have you heard back from?

0 (94)
12.81%
1 (92)
12.53%
2 (94)
12.81%
19.21%
22.75%
19.89%

Watched Threads