Is there possibility of retaking unit two next year Watch

Tess02
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 4 years ago
Hi.
Seriously messed edexcel economics unit two exam up. Minor panic attack in exam.
Does anyone know if its possible to retake that unit next year considering the new curriculum starts in September.

Thanks for any help
keynes24
Badges: 10
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
(Original post by Tess02)
Hi.
Seriously messed edexcel economics unit two exam up. Minor panic attack in exam.
Does anyone know if its possible to retake that unit next year considering the new curriculum starts in September.

Thanks for any help
Of course you can. There should be at least one more set of papers for those wishing to retake.
Tess02
Rep:
?
Thank you, that is reassuring. i will wait and make the decision once i receive my overall grade as i'm doing both AS and A2 this year.
member1753327
Badges: 11
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
(Original post by Tess02)
Thank you, that is reassuring. i will wait and make the decision once i receive my overall grade as i'm doing both AS and A2 this year.
That was one of the easiest papers encountered, not doing that paper up to standard means that yet another challenge can be presented in the exam hall and will result in the same or even worse outcome.
keynes24
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
(Original post by member1753327)
That was one of the easiest papers encountered, not doing that paper up to standard means that yet another challenge can be presented in the exam hall and will result in the same or even worse outcome.
I would wait for results to be published before making those remarks. I get plenty of students that do significantly better 2nd time around.
member1753327
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
(Original post by keynes24)
I would wait for results to be published before making those remarks. I get plenty of students that do significantly better 2nd time around.
The Supply Side essay was a gift from god
keynes24
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
The Supply Side essay was a gift from god
There were more questions and if the question was well answered boundaries are likely to be high.
Iscodisco
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
I think i got 30 marks for the supply side eassay 👌
Anlaysis: Education, infrastructure, cut corporation tax, reduce trade union power
Evaluation: worson fiscal deficit/ time lag, disaproval of reducing trade unions, conestion of infrastruce.

Do you think i will get full marks
I defined supply side and shifted LRAS to right

i did 4 analysis and 4 evaluation so that should be at least 24 (3+3+3+3) or 4+4+4 x2
And 6 for definition and graph

Also current account was nice
I said high propensity to import and something about excahnge rate but forgot
Also cant belive miliband lost smh
member1753327
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
(Original post by Iscodisco)
I think i got 30 marks for the supply side eassay 👌
Anlaysis: Education, infrastructure, cut corporation tax, reduce trade union power
Evaluation: worson fiscal deficit/ time lag, disaproval of reducing trade unions, conestion of infrastruce.

Do you think i will get full marks
I defined supply side and shifted LRAS to right

i did 4 analysis and 4 evaluation so that should be at least 24 (3+3+3+3) or 4+4+4 x2
And 6 for definition and graph

Also current account was nice
I said high propensity to import and something about excahnge rate but forgot
Also cant belive miliband lost smh
same, I wrote about high propensity to import! yeah you should be looking at full marks, done exactly that

forgot to label equilibrium though, so gutted lost 1 mark, lol
Iscodisco
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
What do you mean label equilibirum
Do you mean by doing a dot to show equilibrium point or labelling price level and real output
Tess02
Rep:
?
Too long a story to explain why i was so freaked out before i even entered the exam hall but it wasn't the difficulty or ease of the questions that threw me. Trying to control a panic attack and control breathing without disturbing the other students meant i wasted a lot of time. If you ever experience a panic attack you will know that your brain does not work properly and its tough to access information normally easily available in your brain. The frustration is that i would have easily answered the 30 marker in question ten but the wasted time meant i didn't get to start it.
So retaking the exam next year will be a breeze. Taking two subjects at both AS and A2 since September, one of which i'm teaching myself and then doing economics with a distance learning course alongside a part time job and running a home was always going to be a challenge.
If circumstances had been different i would have studied three or four AS's one year and then three A2's the next as typically happens. I feel that gives you more time to fully assimilate the AS material allowing a base to group and understand the A2 material. However i have found economics a much more fascinating subject than i first thought and will continue to study more even if only through the free MOOC's offered by various universities.
Best wishes for your final exams, hope everyone gets the grades they need. Don't panic if you don't there are always more than one path to get to where you want to be.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

University open days

• University of East Anglia
    PGCE Open day Postgraduate
    Tue, 3 Mar '20
  • University of Bradford
    Postgraduate Open day/Evening Postgraduate
    Tue, 3 Mar '20
  • Queen's University Belfast
    Postgraduate LIVE Masters & PhD Study Fair Postgraduate
    Wed, 4 Mar '20

Do you get study leave?