The Student Room Group

HELP how can i say sorry to a guy without sounding like i like him?

ok so basically I was fwb with this guy and It was all great and we had a bit of fun until I thought that I may be starting to like him, so I decided to tell him I couldn't do this anymore. anyway I tried to tell him but I think it came across really rude by accident because he got really angry and I got really angry as a result and we haven't spoken since, and since we aren't close he doesn't get that sometimes I phrase things badly and I meant no harm by it at all and I didn't want to upset him by any means!! I was just trying to prevent anyone getting upset by this whole thing, and its massively backfired.
I feel so guilty about upsetting him and want to say sorry really badly (I have such a guilty conscience) but now that he has a suspicion that I ended it because I like him and I really don't want him to know that as it will make it really hard for me.
so any ideas on how I should say sorry??
please help!!
Original post by georgie4321
ok so basically I was fwb with this guy and It was all great and we had a bit of fun until I thought that I may be starting to like him, so I decided to tell him I couldn't do this anymore. anyway I tried to tell him but I think it came across really rude by accident because he got really angry and I got really angry as a result and we haven't spoken since, and since we aren't close he doesn't get that sometimes I phrase things badly and I meant no harm by it at all and I didn't want to upset him by any means!! I was just trying to prevent anyone getting upset by this whole thing, and its massively backfired.
I feel so guilty about upsetting him and want to say sorry really badly (I have such a guilty conscience) but now that he has a suspicion that I ended it because I like him and I really don't want him to know that as it will make it really hard for me.
so any ideas on how I should say sorry??
please help!!

Just tell him, and why not just tell him the truth that it was because you actually like him, people much prefer the truth than some sort of lame excuse or playing silly games.
Honesty is the best policy.

Tell him you was starting to like him, but didn't want to cos you don't want anything serious. Then say sorry. That way you've apologised, told the truth and manned up about it.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Yeah ending an fwb because you're starting to like them is a pretty good reason, and he'll either be thankful for you being honest or happy because maybe he's feeling the same way too.
Reply 4
Original post by Rock Fan
Just tell him, and why not just tell him the truth that it was because you actually like him, people much prefer the truth than some sort of lame excuse or playing silly games.

yeah but the massive problem is, I don't know why I like him. I shouldn't. I feel a bit stupid because I feel like I can't even say that because it shouldn't have happened in the first place. I am so confused and need help here please!! so any ideas on what I could say?
yeah but the massive problem is, I don't know why I like him. I shouldn't. I feel a bit stupid because I feel like I can't even say that because it shouldn't have happened in the first place. I am so confused and need help here please!! so any ideas on what I could say?

You've already been nasty to him about stopping the FWB in a horrible way. Now you're looking for a way to lie to him?

Posted from TSR Mobile
(edited 8 years ago)

Just tell him the truth surely, he'd appreciate the honesty more :s-smilie:
Reply 7
'I'm sorry, but not because I like you or anything.'
Reply 8
Original post by lewif002
You've already been nasty to him about stopping the FWB in a horrible way. Now you're looking for a way to lie to him?

im sorry? you don't know what was said in that conversation so who are you to say I was horrible? I am really keen to make this right again, because if I wasn't I wouldn't be so concerned about his feelings as much as I am.

im sorry? you don't know what was said in that conversation so who are you to say I was horrible? I am really keen to make this right again, because if I wasn't I wouldn't be so concerned about his feelings as much as I am.

Do you love him?
(edited 8 years ago)
Reply 10
Original post by Matt Burgundy
Do you love him?

no Im not that far down the line! I just know that I think I like him and I really shouldn't.
no Im not that far down the line! I just know that I think I like him and I really shouldn't.

Why shouldn't you like him?
Reply 12
Original post by Matt Burgundy
Why shouldn't you like him?

because there is nothing that can come out of liking him. he doesn't want a relationship.
because there is nothing that can come out of liking him. he doesn't want a relationship.

Okay now I'm confused.
How are you going to talk to him?
Through messaging or face to face?
If you know he doesn't want a relationship then it's in your best interest to not bother apologising. Cut him off. Do you really know that he doesn't want a relationship though?
Reply 16
Arrange to go for a clearing the air drink. Get drunk together, snog and see where it goes from there. That should sort it..

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending