The Student Room Group

Edexcel GCSE Geography B - Unit 3

Can someone give any advice and tips on how to do this paper and what u need to knw (basic skills, that sort of stuff)?
This paper is basically just testing what you know about Geography and such, so I just recommend knowing your stuff and don't forget any case studies because you may still be able to use them.
If you're good at the other units then you should be able to do Unit 3 with ease as its mostly about applying what you've learnt to a new situation that you may not have seen.

I did the exact same course at GCSE and unit 3 was my best Geography exam because it suited me more, since it wasn't about hard core remembering and fact stating, however you do still need to quote as many facts as you can with the figure number etc.
For the two six markers you should use the 'bounce' affect where you make a point and develop it multiple times (i.e Developing countries have high infant mortality rates. This means that people have more children so there is a greater chance of one of them surviving. This means that there is a high birth rate. This results in lots of young dependants needing care from adults....) You should try to use this technique 2/3 times for each six marker.

For the final 15 mark question you should structure it by starting of with explaining what sustainable means and why your option is sustainable. Then you should talk about two groups of people who your option benefits and one group that it doesn't benefit. Finally you should add a conclusion which should ALWAYS be in favour of your option - you could say something like overall I think the positives out way the negatives and briefly explain why.

Good luck with the exam, how did you fond unit 2 today?? :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile

Quick Reply

Latest