The Student Room Group

OCR Electronics A2 F614 and F615 9th & 16th June 2015

Anyone else doing OCR Electronics this year? Share revision tips and questions here.

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1
Original post by Rob-96
Anyone else doing OCR Electronics this year? Share revision tips and questions here.

:woo:
Finally not the only one on TSR. Would you like some key concept videos?

(You may have them already as my teacher shares his schtuff with other colleges.)

Which exam do you feel more confident with? I personally prefer control systems.
(edited 8 years ago)
Reply 2
Hey good to see another Electronicser we seem to be quite rare, and I think I'v seen those videos if its the google drive ones, they're really good, probably the only half decent revision tool we have on this course! Yeah I think the control exam is probably going to be my stronger result to, my teacher said there is usually quite a large mark drop in comms papers compared with control. The good thing is the papers tend to be quite predictable.

What do you think of the questions in the course book? I'm thinking of trying them as I have just used up the grand total of 5 control past papers we have at our disposal:s-smilie:
Reply 3
Original post by Rob-96
Hey good to see another Electronicser we seem to be quite rare, and I think I'v seen those videos if its the google drive ones, they're really good, probably the only half decent revision tool we have on this course! Yeah I think the control exam is probably going to be my stronger result to, my teacher said there is usually quite a large mark drop in comms papers compared with control. The good thing is the papers tend to be quite predictable.

What do you think of the questions in the course book? I'm thinking of trying them as I have just used up the grand total of 5 control past papers we have at our disposal:s-smilie:

I'll have to let my teacher know they are really good. FYI on one of them there is a purposeful mistake. :lol: Not sure which though. I haven't used/looked at the course book. Personally I find the way it is written too confusing and not useful at all. In class after we finished the course we did the old spec questions which our teacher had modified for the new spec so luckily i've had more than just the past couple of years. :redface:

Are you going to uni next year? Where? What for? :h:
Reply 4
Original post by 8472
I'll have to let my teacher know they are really good. FYI on one of them there is a purposeful mistake. :lol: Not sure which though. I haven't used/looked at the course book. Personally I find the way it is written too confusing and not useful at all. In class after we finished the course we did the old spec questions which our teacher had modified for the new spec so luckily i've had more than just the past couple of years. :redface:

Are you going to uni next year? Where? What for? :h:

Yeah let him know haha I think my teacher said he went to see him or something. But yeah revising from the course book is analogous to chewing a leather boot if i'm honest. That's really lucky, we've done most of the past papers but no modified old spec :frown:

Yeah and I'm hoping to go Liverpool to do Aerospace Engineering, you?
Reply 5
Original post by Rob-96
Yeah let him know haha I think my teacher said he went to see him or something. But yeah revising from the course book is analogous to chewing a leather boot if i'm honest. That's really lucky, we've done most of the past papers but no modified old spec :frown:

Yeah and I'm hoping to go Liverpool to do Aerospace Engineering, you?

Hmm. If you don't mind me asking, what college do you go to? :beard: Curous to see if my teacher has mentioned it. :lol: (PM me if you rather) . I go to Farnborough sixth form.

Gap year then Maths or Computer Science. :awesome:
Reply 6
Yeah i don't mind haha I go to Colchester VI form, and cool! You doing CompSci A level then? I hear it overlaps a bit with Electronics
Reply 7
Original post by Rob-96
Yeah i don't mind haha I go to Colchester VI form, and cool! You doing CompSci A level then? I hear it overlaps a bit with Electronics

Ahh yes he has mentioned your college a bit. :giggle: Sure do. There is a lot of overlap. For about a month this year i'd go to electronics first learn something then go to computing and be taught the same thing. So i'm extra good at that but it definitely allowed me to compare the quality of teaching. Happy to say my electronics teacher taught everything better. :yy:
Reply 8
I'm doing it as well, OCR being our exam board..

Anyone finding it difficult? I am struggling with the subject to be honest.. The A2 OCR Electronics book seems to overcomplicate most of the topics which slows my revision down and becomes boring as hell.

I would appriciate if you guys can share hsome revision websites, materials or resources that are condensed and easier to understand?

Thanks
Reply 9
Original post by lnux
I'm doing it as well, OCR being our exam board..

Anyone finding it difficult? I am struggling with the subject to be honest.. The A2 OCR Electronics book seems to overcomplicate most of the topics which slows my revision down and becomes boring as hell.

I would appriciate if you guys can share hsome revision websites, materials or resources that are condensed and easier to understand?

Thanks

If it is ok with you i'll PM you full booklets + videos tomorrow morning and maybe a couple other thiangs. :smile: Little busy tonight. But quoted you so I definitely do it. :lol:
Reply 10
Original post by 8472
If it is ok with you i'll PM you full booklets + videos tomorrow morning and maybe a couple other thiangs. :smile: Little busy tonight. But quoted you so I definitely do it. :lol:

Oh thanks, yeah sure please feel free to send me a PM anytime. :-)

Thank you it'll be very helpful for my revision.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 11
If only we had a CGP revision guide for Electronics...
Reply 14
Original post by lnux
Thank you very much! these have better quality and clarity than what I currently have, the circuits from the powerpoint are colour coded and everything.. Amazing....

Did you seat with the same (OCR) exam board)? The videos folder seems to be empty though, but nonetheless they're very good, thank you for sharing.. :h:

Tis the reason why my electronics teacher is so proud of himself. Setup the course at my college, 2nd(?) in the country and he has made every resource in the department. Yet next year they are stopping it because budget cuts.... :sad:

I'm OCR too. As to the videos, not suurre. I'll see if it is google drive permissions doing that.---- Checked them, all should be view able.. so no idea what is going on there.

Update:
Videos in a zip folder:
https://www.dropbox.com/s/cyshl64835bju42/A2_Videos-2015-05-30.zip?dl=0
Videos alone:
(edited 8 years ago)
Reply 15
Original post by 8472
Tis the reason why my electronics teacher is so proud of himself. Setup the course at my college, 2nd(?) in the country and he has made every resource in the department. Yet next year they are stopping it because budget cuts.... :sad:

I'm OCR too. As to the videos, not suurre. I'll see if it is google drive permissions doing that.---- Checked them, all should be view able.. so no idea what is going on there.

Update:
Videos in a zip folder:
Videos alone:

Omg thank you so much for sharing those resources haha they're top notch:congrats:
Lays everything out so simply. Am I the only one who struggles to remember the sequences for storing bits in MOSFET Flash cells or? xD
Reply 17
Original post by MrMoeJay
Cheers!

No problem. Good luck with the exam on Tuesday! Need any help?
Original post by 8472
No problem. Good luck with the exam on Tuesday! Need any help?

The mark scheme is very specific in terms of answering, would they let you off if the things you says is worded similar and/or shows understanding?
Reply 19
Original post by MrMoeJay
The mark scheme is very specific in terms of answering, would they let you off if the things you says is worded similar and/or shows understanding?

As long as there is a clear idea of you understanding the key concepts you should be okay to get at-least some marks.Wording is important but not too closed to the mark scheme.

Quick Reply

Latest