Struggling with GCSE Higher Tier Maths

Watch
HannahDark
Badges: 8
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 6 years ago
Hello.

I'm currently revising for GCSE Maths Higher Tier Maths (AQA) which I need a grade C in.

Every past paper I have done I can't even get a D. I've always struggled in Maths, I have no idea why I was allowed to do Higher Tier in the first place.

Can someone offer some advice please?
ForeverFrench
Badges: 10
Rep:
?
Report 6 years ago
Can't you ask to do foundation? Can your parents not write a letter or ring up? But basically just so a past paper and revise all the topics your scoring low on
HannahDark
Rep:
?
(Original post by ForeverFrench)
Can't you ask to do foundation? Can your parents not write a letter or ring up? But basically just so a past paper and revise all the topics your scoring low on
Thank you for your reply so quickly. I've foundation Maths a couple of times and only had Ds so maybe it isn't the best options. Plus, my exams are next week. So I think it's a bit too late to be moved.
ForeverFrench
Rep:
?
Report 6 years ago
It's not honestly! My friend does igcse maths and she and her parents didn't want her doing higher so they moved her 2 days before the exam. And in regards to getting a D on foundation your better doing it and trying to get a C rather than getting an E or a u on higher
aifas72
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report 6 years ago
I think the best way to revise for GCSE maths is going over your whole revsion guide and also doing exercises for each topic. You can also try watching youtube videos( Try HEGARTY MATHS )

Posted from TSR Mobile
HannahDark
Rep:
?
It's not honestly! My friend does igcse maths and she and her parents didn't want her doing higher so they moved her 2 days before the exam. And in regards to getting a D on foundation your better doing it and trying to get a C rather than getting an E or a u on higher
Thank you, I'll ask
ForeverFrench
Rep:
?
Report 6 years ago
(Original post by HannahDewdney)
Thank you, I'll ask
It's worth it. I'm doing igcse edexcel maths and I do think it's easier than GCSE edexcel maths partly because we have a calculator but I do think the exam board you do does play a part. But good luck and in the mean time keep revising
HannahDark
Rep:
?
It's worth it. I'm doing igcse edexcel maths and I do think it's easier than GCSE edexcel maths partly because we have a calculator but I do think the exam board you do does play a part. But good luck and in the mean time keep revising
I've never heard of igcse Maths. What's the difference between the regular GCSE Maths?
ForeverFrench
Rep:
?
Report 6 years ago
(Original post by HannahDewdney)
I've never heard of igcse Maths. What's the difference between the regular GCSE Maths?
You still do 2 papers except you can use a calculater in both and there's some harder topics covered e.g sets. There's still higher and foundation tier but I think only private schools so igcse's
HannahDark
Rep:
?
(Original post by aifas72)
I think the best way to revise for GCSE maths is going over your whole revsion guide and also doing exercises for each topic. You can also try watching youtube videos( Try HEGARTY MATHS )

Posted from TSR Mobile

Thank you
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Feeling behind at school/college? What is the best thing your teachers could to help you catch up?

Extra compulsory independent learning activities (eg, homework tasks) (9)
6.16%
Run extra compulsory lessons or workshops (24)
16.44%
Focus on making the normal lesson time with them as high quality as possible (25)
17.12%
Focus on making the normal learning resources as high quality/accessible as possible (21)
14.38%
Provide extra optional activities, lessons and/or workshops (41)
28.08%
Assess students, decide who needs extra support and focus on these students (26)
17.81%

Watched Threads

Latest
My Feed