Edexcel Unit 3 Revolution, Republic & Restoration 1629-1667

Watch
cc44
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 5 years ago
hello! is anyone else sitting this paper?
sidney1
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
Yes I am...

I can't really be bothered learning past 1648, so think I am just going to focus a lot on the pre-1648 stuff.

I just hope they don't chose a new question or focus which they have never chosen before, or that they chose 2 questions from post-1648.

The 30 marker seems pretty straightforward, bit more worried about the 40 marker. Once again I hope they go for a straightforward question like side taking.
cc44
Rep:
?
ahh hello! and yeah, there's so much content isn't there! has your teacher given any predictions on what might come up? ours thinks the causes of civil war could be likely
sidney1
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
Yeh!

To be honest I think that there is less content than the AS Units, we did Tsarist and Stalinist Russia for AS and it too me days to learn it all. This time around it isn't all that bad...

My teacher hasn't given any predictions, I haven't seen any questions on the causes of the Civil war so far, so I guess that probably has a good chance of coming up and it is one of the best questions possible imo..

There have been so many questions on Why Parliament won the Civil War, I really am not sure whether to practice that a lot, or leave it..
sidney1
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
Also do you know of any questions to practice answering. My teacher set essentially all the past paper questions as practice during the year, and as it is a June Exam only there really aren't that many to work with. Any ideas?
cc44
Rep:
?
hello again! the context textbook has a few essay questions in. hold on, I'll just type them out:
-To what extent was the death of Charles I the result of his own actions.
- 'Without the new model army, the execution of Charles I would not have taken place; and neither would the restoration of Charles II.' how far do you agree? (i guess this could be adapted)
- 'It was religious issues which started the Civil War in 1642.' discuss

any other ideas?
Tronick
Badges: 11
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
Is anyone else only learning 1 controversy? Taking sides is quite complex and the essay style is weird, so our school focuses on the protectorate.
katiercx
Badges: 3
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
Can someone help. The period of 1653-8 is Search for a Settlement, so will it definitely not come up as a 30 mark essay question? Really need an answer urgently as exam is tomorrow!!
katiercx
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
P.S: My teacher has predicted the 30 mark question to be on:

Charles II's restoration (was it pre-planned, was the key player Clarendon, was it a Royalist settlement)

or on Negotiations between 1649-53 (perhaps was it completely pushed through by the army, was earlier events to blame for the Rump and Barebones failures)

And for Side Taking a question on constitutional issues or religious motives being most prominent.

Hope this helps!!
sidney1
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
(Original post by katiercx)
Can someone help. The period of 1653-8 is Search for a Settlement, so will it definitely not come up as a 30 mark essay question? Really need an answer urgently as exam is tomorrow!!
Yep that is correct.

I am only really practising the Side Taking 40 marker.

Thanks for those suggestions, they look pretty hard but I would be very surprised if a pre-1648 question doesn't come up and worried, as my knowledge of post 1648 is sketchy.
ArtisticFlair
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
I'm guessing search for settlement 1646-9, and reasons for the restoration. I doubt civil war or personal rule will come up as they've come up three times already.
rugger
Badges: 4
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
More discussion here:

http://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/show....php?t=2003082
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

New lockdown - Do you agree schools and universities should remain open?

Yes (55)
36.18%
No (80)
52.63%
I don't know (17)
11.18%

Watched Threads

Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise