What wil happen if I used the wrong pencil?? Watch

This discussion is closed.
kjjc
Badges:
Report 16 years ago
In my IGCSE co-sci multiple choice exam I used wrong number pencil to fill in the answer sheet.
I used 2H pencil,it might seem wierd to most people cuz you can hardly find 2H pencil in a normal stationary shop.
What do you think will happen??
Wil I get all the answers wrong because the computer that marks the exam can't read the answers??
Or will the examiners will mark it themselves if they realize that I used the wrong pencil and the computer can mark it.
Ollie
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago
i wouldnt worry about it, they just suggest the pencil that gives the best mark, if it doesnt work they are legally obliged to mark it themselves.
AllergicToFairydust
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago
This happen to me last year.

My HB broke and I only had a 2B.

It arrived a month after the others and the school recieved a strong worded letter saying if it happened again they WOULDN'T MARK my paper.

Though the exam board has the right to refuse to mark any paper which doesn't follow to instructions on the cover of the exam paper including colour pen used.

And believe they will - a girl about 4 years ago used purple in an english exam and it came back with a 0 on at! She was predicted A and ended up with a D!

They are NOT legally bound to mark any paper which doesn't follow to instructions on the cover and using to wrong pencil counts as not following the rules.

How do I know? It is clearly stated on the poster outside most exams rooms stating the rules of the examination. At my school we were given personal mini copies to read.

Sorry if this upsets you but it is the truth.
ickle_katy
Badges: 11
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago
of course they'll mark your paper!

they are not legally obliged to, but basicly, they need to keep schools happy. can u imagine the fuss they'd get into if they refused to mark because of hte wrong pencil.

as thou an examinor knows the difference between a hb and a h2 pencil.

and anyway the computer will read them, it works on the same technology as the lotto machine does, and as anyone knows who has ever used a lotto machine, it will pick up everything, even a rain drop.

so you have no need to worry,

and as for the rules that were outside the exam room, they are just there to stop cheeting, they dont expect everyone to follow them exactly.

love Katy ***
AllergicToFairydust
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago
excuse me then
ickle_katy
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago
uh???

love Katy ***
Tednol
Badges: 10
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago
Easy there girls!! We are all friends here... ;o)
ickle_katy
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago
i was only trying to make the guy feel better

love katy ***
Tednol
Badges: 10
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago
You are a nice girl Katy. To the bloke who started the post, if they don't mark your paper then that is ludicrously unfair. Saying that, if the board is Edexcel, don't be suprised by anything...
giddylid1
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago
i did it too
they marked my paper AND I got a B which is fairly scary!!!!!!!!
Lyd
Unregistered
Badges:
Report 16 years ago
musical gal, stop being so rude
LH
Badges: 13
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago
(Original post by ickle_katy)
of course they'll mark your paper!

they are not legally obliged to, but basicly, they need to keep schools happy. can u imagine the fuss they'd get into if they refused to mark because of hte wrong pencil.

as thou an examinor knows the difference between a hb and a h2 pencil.

and anyway the computer will read them, it works on the same technology as the lotto machine does, and as anyone knows who has ever used a lotto machine, it will pick up everything, even a rain drop.

so you have no need to worry,

and as for the rules that were outside the exam room, they are just there to stop cheeting, they dont expect everyone to follow them exactly.

love Katy ***
I suppose if their clever computer can't mark them then they will probably mark it by hand, but if their are thousands of papers which can't be marked, they'll probably just send them back with a 0 on.

But I'm sure it won't come to that.
Unregistered
Badges:
Report 16 years ago
If that was your only problem, you have no worries.

I took two pens with me to my A-level exam, and both of them stopped working. I told the invidulator who gave me a 'red' pen. So, half of my History AS exam is in blue, while the other half is red.
Expression
Badges: 14
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago
(Original post by Unregistered)
If that was your only problem, you have no worries.

I took two pens with me to my A-level exam, and both of them stopped working. I told the invidulator who gave me a 'red' pen. So, half of my History AS exam is in blue, while the other half is red.
What the hell was in the invidulator messing about at !?! Saying that in an exam you really have very little time to waste so you are best just to take whatever you are given.
X

All the exam results help you need

people online now

students helped last year
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

How are you feeling about GCSE Results Day?

Hopeful (199)
12.7%
Excited (136)
8.68%
Worried (287)
18.32%
Terrified (355)
22.65%
Meh (136)
8.68%
Confused (35)
2.23%