The Student Room Group

Anybody doing A2 OCR MEI further maths?

Ok so I'm in year 13, doing maths physics and art
I'm hoping for a* in maths and art and an a in physics, and I'm now thinking of doing something maths/engineering based at university. It seems further maths is required for a lot of courses and so I'm considering staying an extra year at college to complete AS and A2 further maths, whilst also either taking up a new AS, or doing A2 psychology as I did AS psychology in year 12.

My question is do you think it would be possible to simultaneously learn AS and A2 further maths, or does the second year rely too much on knowledge from the previous year? I have a good understanding of the course content for the core maths modules, but I need to have a chat with my teacher about the whole thing.

I just wondered if anyone could let me know what they think and if anyone has done both in one year

Thanks
Reply 1
Original post by AlexParmenter
Ok so I'm in year 13, doing maths physics and art
I'm hoping for a* in maths and art and an a in physics, and I'm now thinking of doing something maths/engineering based at university. It seems further maths is required for a lot of courses and so I'm considering staying an extra year at college to complete AS and A2 further maths, whilst also either taking up a new AS, or doing A2 psychology as I did AS psychology in year 12.

My question is do you think it would be possible to simultaneously learn AS and A2 further maths, or does the second year rely too much on knowledge from the previous year? I have a good understanding of the course content for the core maths modules, but I need to have a chat with my teacher about the whole thing.

I just wondered if anyone could let me know what they think and if anyone has done both in one year

Thanks

I have a friend at college who has learned both years of further maths in one year and we do the MEI board so it definitely is possible. Especiallly as you have done C3 and C4 already which will help you out massively. It will be difficult (especially FP3 if you choose to take that as one of your optional modules) but I think you'd be okay :smile:
Reply 2
Original post by _Caz_
I have a friend at college who has learned both years of further maths in one year and we do the MEI board so it definitely is possible. Especiallly as you have done C3 and C4 already which will help you out massively. It will be difficult (especially FP3 if you choose to take that as one of your optional modules) but I think you'd be okay :smile:

Thanks for the reply :smile: I had a chat with my teacher about it and he said the AS class should finish FP1 before A2 starts FP2 and 3 so everything should be good in that sense:biggrin: but at least I know somebody has actually done it now, so thanks :smile:

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending