The Student Room Group

Is It Too Late?

Basically, yet to get a Summer internship because I didn't know if I would be around in the summer and by the time I did a lot were shut. I got an unexpected final-stage rejection from one of the few schemes that wasn't shut, so I'm left in a bit of trouble now...
Naturally I don't want to spend my Summer doing nothing, and though I've got a couple of days lined up in some places I'd really like to get some solid full-time experience somewhere.

Is there anywhere accepting applications because they've had a fall-out of offers->accepting due to other firms snapping people up? Has anyone had any success at boutiques in the past that they can recommend me emailing?

I'm at a 'target' uni with good quant and soft skills, if that helps at all.
Would be grateful for any advice.
(edited 8 years ago)
I got an email from Bloomberg saying that Old Oaks Asset Management wanted to see my cv for a summer equities analyst position. This was five days ago, so they may still be looking for people
Original post by heirloom
I got an email from Bloomberg saying that Old Oaks Asset Management wanted to see my cv for a summer equities analyst position. This was five days ago, so they may still be looking for people

Yes, same here. They want a Technical and Equities Summer Analyst. Give them a shout.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by heirloom
Ix

how does bloomberg email you? is it something you subscribe too?
Original post by gr8wizard10
how does bloomberg email you? is it something you subscribe too?

When you take the BAT (Bloomberg Aptitude Test), if a company is interested in your profile, you get an email.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by will2348
When you take the BAT (Bloomberg Aptitude Test), if a company is interested in your profile, you get an email.

Posted from TSR Mobile

i was gonna do that, do you think it helps enough to be worthy of taking.. Heard there's no real way to prep for it
Reply 6
i was gonna do that, do you think it helps enough to be worthy of taking.. Heard there's no real way to prep for it

That's rubbish. The test should be a piece of cake if you've done a finance related degree and know the basics of investment banking. It's not designed in the same way numerical/verbal reasoning tests are, in the sense that prior knowledge should not make you do significantly better.

Its a free test for students and takes two hours, so id say its worthy. This is the second company that has contacted me. The first was a hedge fund. And you can prep, if you take a finance/econ related degree and know a bit about investment banking then you should be fine. I didnt prep and scored within the 92nd percentile
Original post by HeyyImRyan
Basically, yet to get a Summer internship because I didn't know if I would be around in the summer and by the time I did a lot were shut. I got an unexpected final-stage rejection from one of the few schemes that wasn't shut, so I'm left in a bit of trouble now...
Naturally I don't want to spend my Summer doing nothing, and though I've got a couple of days lined up in some places I'd really like to get some solid full-time experience somewhere.

Is there anywhere accepting applications because they've had a fall-out of offers->accepting due to other firms snapping people up? Has anyone had any success at boutiques in the past that they can recommend me emailing?

I'm at a 'target' uni with good quant and soft skills, if that helps at all.
Would be grateful for any advice.

i've missed my english exam and have to retake next year, i know its not the same but i was in deep trouble with everything school going around calling home and apparently i've been 'disrespectful' and that stuff, aww cant believe they were shut , i'd do something for summer maybe on a beach but how bout a part time job in a cafe or something.. just suggesting sounds abit boring but i dunno sorry :frown: :smokin::smokin: good luck tho
i hope you get one soon and real quick
Original post by Studskate
x

what are you on about?
Reply 10
Wouldn't recommend the BAT (that Old Oaks Asset Management gig looks like a complete joke). If you haven't already, reach out to alumni at some boutiques and push for an internship. Two friends managed to get places in the last couple of weeks - coming from a semi target, with fairly poor work experience.

I'm sure there are plenty of boutiques / smaller PE shops that would give you an interview for the summer, you just need to show some initiative and talk to them.
what are you on about?

lool what about? i swear i did not post that 'x' anywhere lool :smokin: :rofl:
lool what about? i swear i did not post that 'x' anywhere lool :smokin: :rofl:

you posted above my post
you posted above my post

oh lool about that, nothing really just my messed up life, im failing soo bad need some quick revision and my last chance to retake french speaking exam on where you live, where you used to live, advantages and disadvantages of where you live and what you're visiting on the weekend in your town but all that in french i got 5 paragraphs to learn and im struggling on one , but i haven't done work experience yet like ome of my other friends in the other school cuz my school doesn't do it so i'm looking for a part time job so i can atleast get some experience and that lool :smokin:
oh lool about that, nothing really just my messed up life, im failing soo bad need some quick revision and my last chance to retake french speaking exam on where you live, where you used to live, advantages and disadvantages of where you live and what you're visiting on the weekend in your town but all that in french i got 5 paragraphs to learn and im struggling on one , but i haven't done work experience yet like ome of my other friends in the other school cuz my school doesn't do it so i'm looking for a part time job so i can atleast get some experience and that lool :smokin:

you're in the wrong sub-forums, this thread is with regards to investment banking internships for uni students.
you're in the wrong sub-forums, this thread is with regards to investment banking internships for uni students.

oh :redface: looool :smokin::rofl: sorry mate, i thought i was trying to help but .. ah well its alright :hugs:
what are you on about?

lmfao

I guess if I don't get anything you can help me find a P.E. firm/cafe hybrid close to a beach? :wink:

Step away from the amphetamine ok, for your own good of course.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Princepieman
Step away from the amphetamine ok, for your own good of course.

Posted from TSR Mobile

It's alright mate, I like it 😌

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending